[Official] CPU Temp Results

jasonb

Reaction score
Sorry I'm still new to all this stuff. So you're saying if we already have 0.7.4 BB then all we have to do is use the nandroid backup thing?

I want to stay at 800mhz but I just want that cpu temp.

i am running BB 7.4 (todays latest update with the 2.0 lockscreen) along with Taz's 950mhz kernel and i am running at 800mhz (set by setcpu). i did it just to see the actual cpu temps. i am kinda anal and not knowing what the temp readings i was seeing were really for bothered me. i feel much better now that i am seeing the real cpu temp.

i did it using the adb method i linked to in my above post.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry I'm still new to all this stuff. So you're saying if we already have 0.7.4 BB then all we have to do is use the nandroid backup thing?

I'm running BB 7.4 and here is what I did:

Go to this website : AllDroid - View topic - [Release] TazKernel 1.3GHz and TempMonitor Reborn (02/06/10)
and follow these instructions:

Installation of nandroid backups: Your device must be rooted, and you must have nandroid available in your recovery.

1)Download the .zip file of your choice and extract it to the nandroid folder on your sd card.
2)Reboot into recovery mode.
3)Using your recovery, enter your nandroid backup screen.
4)Select advanced restore, and make sure that only the "boot" option is checked.
5)Select your desired boot backup, and restore.
6)When the recovery finishes, reboot your device.
7)Enjoy!!!

As I said, the 1.3 would not run on my droid, but the 1.1 has been totally stable at 1.1.

jrl9851

Reaction score
I can do it with nandroid, but I just want to make sure all we have to do is the nandroid stuff and not the other stuff.

jasonb

Reaction score
does nandoid wipe everything out like it does when you switch roms?

jrl9851

Reaction score
Ok so I just install the nandroid thing and don't have to do the other stuff on that page like the img and all that?

jasonb

Reaction score
does nandoid wipe everything out like it does when you switch roms?

No because you will only have "boot" checked in the backup instructions. Everything else will be unchecked and will be untouched.

ah ok. i guess the nadroid method would have been easier then. i wasn't sure what it would do. now i know.

at least i learned how to use adb. :)

jrl9851

Reaction score

I'm running BB 7.4 and here is what I did:

Go to this website : AllDroid - View topic - [Release] TazKernel 1.3GHz and TempMonitor Reborn (02/06/10)
and follow these instructions:

Installation of nandroid backups: Your device must be rooted, and you must have nandroid available in your recovery.

1)Download the .zip file of your choice and extract it to the nandroid folder on your sd card.
2)Reboot into recovery mode.
3)Using your recovery, enter your nandroid backup screen.
4)Select advanced restore, and make sure that only the "boot" option is checked.
5)Select your desired boot backup, and restore.
6)When the recovery finishes, reboot your device.
7)Enjoy!!!

As I said, the 1.3 would not run on my droid, but the 1.1 has been totally stable at 1.1.

So I only do the nandroid section and don't mess with anything else? I don't have to install this first: TazKern950m.img: ?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So I had an interesting thought. Unless SetCPU is coded to access this on CPU sensor, the failsafe settings are less accurate, right?

jasonb

Reaction score
So I had an interesting thought. Unless SetCPU is coded to access this on CPU sensor, the failsafe settings are less accurate, right?

yea, setcpu will still be reading the supposed battery temp, not the cpu temp.

if the cpu is hot the battery will also be hot. a failsafe of 44 or 45 deggres celsius should still be used.

of course the cpu won't be getting taxed when the phone is idle, and as long as you have the CPU temp in your notification panel you'll be able to see the current temp. hopefully setcpu will eventually work with the cpu temp sensor though.

jrl9851

Reaction score

I don't really trust the failsafe thing. I'll just lower it to 550 if I see with my own eyes that either the battery or cpu temp is too high. Failsafe doesn't seem like it would be that accurate.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Rats!! I just lost my new chip monitor. I've been runing BB7.4 and Taz1.1 since right after it was put on the website and it had been running good. Just now while surfing hard to see how high I could get the temp, I started getting automatically returned to the home screen. It happened with both the stock browser and with xScope. Then I started having restarts. Then it locked and I had to pull the battery. I then booted into recovery and reinstalled the BB7.4 from 2-4-10. All seems to be back to normal now. Running 950, as I have been doing since 2-4-10. I ran 1.0 ghz for a week or so prior to that. YMMV

jrl9851

Reaction score
alright the nandroid way didnt work...i kept getting a nandroid shutdown error.

How exactly do I do it the other way? Like jason did.

jasonb

Reaction score