Official Broken Apps thread for Froyo

NykoNako

Reaction score
I have 3 Moto Droids using 3 different rooted Froyo roms. 1 of 3 works with Skype; the other 2 do not...

D1 - Jrummy Red Froyo - Skype works
D2 - Jrummy Pink Froyo - Skype FC upon login
D3 - Chevy's Froyo - Skype FC upon login

*UPDATE* I put Chevy's Froyo on D1 and Skype works fine, no FC. Anyone have any ideas on why Skype FC's upon login? I've tried using RM Fix Permissions and also reapplying Rom w/out wiping as update.zip. Still getting a FC on Skype upon login.

Any ideas/help would be much appreciated... Thx :)

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For those with busybox issues, I downloaded busybox from the market and installed it that way, piece of cake!

Junetastic

Reaction score
My NYTimes app force closes whenever it's updating certain sections like Science. I did a wipe/factory reset and reflashed BB v04, loaded the app, and it there was a force close while updating the Science section again. Any help?

Rhyyke

Reaction score
i've seen it mentioned elsewhere, but when i searched this thread i didnt find it. my google goggles fc's right after i open it every time, ive uninstalled/reinstalled twice and so far no luck. any ideas?

backlash

Reaction score
So for those that do have SWYPE working, what version do you have. I just got ugpraded to Froyo, and my Swype is no longer working. I have version 1.56.30.7625

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got ugpraded to Froyo, and my Swype is no longer working.

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling, if you signed up with Swype to be an official beta tester, you should be able to go to their website, sign in and request another download

LassieGal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Good grief, am I the only one that DroidLight is still working for?

Dock Runner no longer works for me, however, and MyPod quit working. I e-mailed the developer of the latter and got a message back in 5 minutes! Had to uninstall and reinstall. Lost all my feeds, but those were easy enough to put back in.

I'll try uninstalling/reinstalling DR later.

I hate, hate, hate that when you go into Google Maps that the "map" button is on the second page. It should be next to navigation. Why is the phone button there instead?

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
I use automount

I use automount with froyo fine. Just make sure its updated, im using 1.1.0 on BBv0.4, SSv4.6, and UD not sure what version I had at the time for UD but it worked with it.