"Official"? Bionic battery life thread

thunder550

Reaction score
CAP201109111836.png

Extended battery is rocking it! 25 hours on battery, 4 hours of screen on time and still 18% battery left.

Last edited:

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just turned off 4G since I'm using wifi at home and because my phone constantly switched from 3G to 4G. My battery life had been a ton better.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

yiannis

Reaction score
I ordered my extended battery today. the standard sucks.

Same here, though if the 1735 mAh get me 4 and a half hours of use won't 2780 mAh get me about 7?

Is that good enough or will I have to use both?

I remember that people preserve Li-Ion in the freezer. Anyone heard of that?

thunder550

Reaction score
28 hrs 5 min on battery, 5 hr 5 min display, 2% left about to die. Works for me!

fucco

Reaction score
I am getting 8-9 hours with moderate usage on ext battery. Not happy.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I am getting 8-9 hours with moderate usage on ext battery. Not happy.

a couple suggestions for you before you go and swap out the device....

1. Drain and fill - before I did a drain/fill my battery life was horrible. let it drain to 0% as in the phone shuts down and then let it charge to 100% full. See if that helps
2. Make sure programs like Skype are closed if you're not using them. Go into your app drawer and open Task Manager.. kill ANY programs that use LTE when you're not using them.

scooby101

Reaction score
Are you referring to the plastic hard case/holster combo? Yes, that one will fit the extended battery, and it is currently the only case available that will fit the extended battery.

Exactly. Not sure why they sold me this shell / holster when I didn't have the extended battery, but the size of the phone with this shell isn't that big at all. I am going to order the extended battery and cover today even thought I can pretty much get a full day of moderate use and 24 hours of light use.

fucco

Reaction score
I have no programs using 4g. I am not in a 4g area. I actually have 4g shut off. I also haven wifi and blue tooth shut off. I am loosin 10% or more battery every hour with my ext battery. Biggest user is stats is cell radio

fucco

Reaction score
Tried maybe *228 to do a update but that feature is no disabled on bionic due.to.sim card. How.do we update roaming and baseband??

scdown

Reaction score
I'll be very interested to see what battery life looks like when we can replace the ROM. Either CyanogenMod, or stock GB. I'm wondering what effect MotoBLOAT (the blur that must not be named) is having

JRizEJ6

Reaction score
I fully charged my battery last night and took it off the charger before going to bed. i suspected something going on with my battery yesterday since after getting off work (and off a charger) my battery just drained. The phone is dead. I took a look at battery usage and its at %32 cell standby %32 Phone Idle and %27 social location. I thought social location was weird since i have no social networking account on this phone. 4g was OFF and my phone was on my home wifi network. anyone know why my battery committed suicide? i suspect its Widget Locker since my battery has been great since i got the phone and I had just installed Widget Locker the night before I noticed my battery discharging so quickly.

das2042

Reaction score
Its got to be something you put on. I get great battery life. Moderate use about 15hrs on full charge. But im also on battery saver mode.