"Official"? Bionic battery life thread

chiefvelo

Reaction score
you can search "LTE Switch" in the market for an app that will give you a shortcut to the settings. I don't think any widgets are working to switch it yet. At least on the Bionic.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
18bae099-6797-33c8.jpg
18bae099-67a3-e289.jpg
18bae099-67bb-b5f4.jpg
18bae099-67ce-ddeb.jpg

some of my heavyyyyy vs light use.... quite different lol... always w the extended

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

chiefvelo

Reaction score
I noticed the battery droping and installed some voice action apps that were still Running in the background (and getjar), put on the battery saver mode and you can see how much more efficient it was in idle All day yesterday. I think I would have made 24hrs using only 50%.
Battery drain is has always been from an app, usually using data. It does much worse on 4g or of course when its on and being used I can see 10-15% drain easly per hour.
Standard battery stock in 3G some wifi.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bobdoo

Reaction score
it shuts off all data... texts and calls still come in... just no picture messages or internet (email etc) .... this way it saves battery when your not using the phone but can still get calls and texts the stuff u really need... I always leave my 4g on .. so shutting the data off while either i'm sleeping or not using it saves the battery a whole lot

Not true. If you're using the settings network "CDMA only/CDMA + LTE" toggle, you're switching to 3g rather than 4g, and you'll still get data, just (theoretically) more slowly. Actually, Verizon is having problems lately and I find that when LTE (4g) is enabled I sometimes lose data connectivity altogether, and turning LTE off (3g) lets me access data again. Screwy. I hope they get their act together quickly, that sucks.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Keep off of it as much as possible.
Turn off 4g until when you need it.
Extended battery if they got them.
Have chargers everywhere.
A little common sense goes a long way.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

jcwilliams

Reaction score
That is great advice......but what is point of having a great phone like the Bionic if you are not going to use it????

I agree but you either get performance or good battery life. most of the time you can't have both.

Agent_10.7

Reaction score
24hrs.

I got 24hrs. of battery just the other day! I'll post a pic when I get my phone lol I left it at home and right now I am at work. :frown: The first 8 or so hours was little to no use at all. I have no extended battery either but I did have juice defender activated. I am rooted but haven't flashed any roms yet :happy3:

SlimCharly

Reaction score
Just recently got 4G in my area.. And it is a battery killer. Even when phone isn't being used. So I grabbed enabler and it's fantastic. You can also go into settings and battery and have the data turn off automatically after 15 minutes of use. Also use a task killer to shut down alps that are running but not being used.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just recently got 4G in my area.. And it is a battery killer. Even when phone isn't being used. So I grabbed enabler and it's fantastic. You can also go into settings and battery and have the data turn off automatically after 15 minutes of use. Also use a task killer to shut down alps that are running but not being used.

You might want to get the extended battery. I have it and can be at 76% after 9 hours of light use.

Task killers aren't that great as the Android OS will turn an app back on if it thinks you're going to use that app again. Take a look at http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-be-using-a-task-killer-with-android/ or http://lifehacker.com/5650894/andro...ed-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them for more information.

Last edited:

bakos25

Reaction score
I have the extended battery and its great! Lasts an entire day without charging once. And it protects the camera when lying flat.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
I have the extended battery and its great! Lasts an entire day without charging once. And it protects the camera when lying flat.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Even better on some roms