"Official"? Bionic battery life thread

RodThaBod

Reaction score
It is still 25 bucks online. It says 49 but you will NOT logg in to your account. Go in and don't logg in , just add it to your cart and it will be 24.99 in your cart and then check out and there you have it.

Was getting about 10-12 hours with 4G on, and then I switched to 3G only and it's running the whole day which is great. 17 hours and im at 30%

Im reading a back at these posts and they had the extended battery for $25?! How could I miss this sale =[ . I see that it's online for $38 at VerizonWireless. Is this still a good deal or can I pick it up cheaper elsewhere still

wooddale

Reaction score
damn out of stock :|

I got one comming today $25 they were on back order for about a week only been availiable since Sunday there out of them already sounds fishy what they only order 10

Reaction score
If VZW doesn't have extended batteries in stock, call a local VZW store and see if they can find one for you. My local store didn't have one but the really cute girl behind the counter searched the inventory of all of the VZW stores in the NYC metro area until she located two. When I called the Union Square (NYC) store they said that the local warehouse just got some in, and ordered the battery for me. It cost me $24.99 plus tax, free shipping via FedEx. Ordered on a Saturday for a Tuesday arrival, got it on Monday.

Mike8016

Reaction score
I unplugged my Bionic after 4 hours and i only have 70 percent. Its my first full charge though with the extended battery. Should it improve after a few charges?

xmguy

Reaction score
With the official extended battery. 3G only. Data forced on all the time due to data dropouts. I'm not gonna lie. I got mine free from vzw because of all the data issues I've been having and the many swaps i've had trying to resolve the issue. Before i knew how big the issue was. But it was causing the (standard) phone battery to drain faster. I told them for all the trouble it was the least they could do.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

Vyruz

Reaction score
i just flashed the purity rom and was hoping that the .893 would help my battery life but i havent noticed any improvement. The battery also jumps up/down especially when the phone is rebooted, like will go from 70% to 90% and then to 100%. Ive calibrated the battery, or at least tried, like 3 times. What battery life are people getting on that rom?

rstfl2009

Reaction score
At first I had the standard battery. I could only get 4.5 hrs out of it until it reached 30%. I stream music for about an hour in the morning and the rest of my day is random phone calls and text messages with 4g on. I now have the extended (2670 mAh) battery from Verizon. It last all day now, 10+ hours. I had to get used to the size of it, didnt like the bulkyness of it at first (thats what she said). I would rather have my phone last all day without having to recharge it then having a slimmer phone.

Something that is VERY weird though that I noticed. After using the phone for a couple weeks with the bigger battery I put the smaller standard battery in just to fully charge it so I have it as back up; just in case. With the original battery in and the phone powered on, I notice that the screen was not very responsive. Has anyone else noticed this?? I though it was very odd that it acted like that just from a different battery change.

wooddale

Reaction score
I need an honest answer from someone that uses there phone a lot. Not just calls and texts but use it ljke its your laptop. I have rhe extended battery and if I use it like my laptop on it a lot plus calls texts I only get about 10 hrs tops. How about you guys?

chiefvelo

Reaction score
I would say i think i would get the same 10hrs as you describe. i think LTE uses a lot more battery even in standby than i would have thought.

pabtheghost

Reaction score
this is pretty crazy... i think i had my data turned off a bit of time, but i spent most of the time in a 4G/3G fringe zone. the thing is that i accidentally turned on gps, and bluetooth and still made it like 56 hours. this is liberty3 rom

q60lF.jpg

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
I didnt read through all of this but i was just wondering if there was anything i could do to improve my battery life. Ive been off charge for maybe 3 hours not using my phone alot and im already down to 60%. Anybody have any ideas?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

AirborneSpoon

Reaction score
I didnt read through all of this but i was just wondering if there was anything i could do to improve my battery life. Ive been off charge for maybe 3 hours not using my phone alot and im already down to 60%. Anybody have any ideas?

Did you try re-calibrating your battery?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Currently 20 hours with 40% left. Standard battery and stock.