"Official"? Bionic battery life thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by jkaod, Sep 8, 2011.

1. pastor_rob

pastor_rob New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased the extended battery and for the first couple of days I was able to use it under moderate use for two days before needing to charge it.

Today under heavy use all day I am at about 20% and it is 9:30 pm my time and I started using it at 7:30 am this morning!

This is way better than the Thunderbolt and the Charge. Hope that helps!!!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

2. revelated

revelated Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Cell standby and phone idle will more often than not be higher than other items on that list, yes.

3. Jungle King 76

Jungle King 76 Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Yeah, don't let the 103% total mess with you. The system just round everything up so if something was using 22.5%, it will say 23%. Enough of those rounding up will go over 100%.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

4. grrouchie

grrouchie Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Ok - I did not track yesterday due to some issues. However I started today.
    I have my usage all at normal - I did not make many phone calls at all though and didn't really send many texts.
    Not limiting anything I still got over 12 hours on my battery today.

I am going to run at these settings for a few more days and see if I consistently get the same type of battery life.
    Then I will make one change at a time and see how that affects my battery life.

Overall I am very happy with the Bionic's Standard battery and in love with the extended battery.
    Especially with Verizon getting rid of the $100 new every 2 I plan on having this phone last me longer than the standard 2 years.
    So, I went out and grabbed a 2nd extended battery today. My batteries will last longer than my phone most likely.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iEdGRJQi1iX3dmUzRaX1RON05haUVUU1E&output=html

5. countryboy88

countryboy88 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    15h 12m on battery with extended battery @51% now
    Cell stand by 32%
    phone idle 24
    wifi 23
    display 10
    voice calls 6
    Android os 3

thats with sync and data running,pandora streaming for a few hours earlier, 10% display brightness, and maximum battery saver on. I havent been on my phone today nearly as much as I normally do but I do know the battery life has been great after getting the extended.

6. BLAZE86DUBZ

BLAZE86DUBZ Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i really didnt see improveent useing the maximum battery saver actually made the phone laggy at times i went back to performance mode much more snappier still getting 16-20 hours with moderate use

7. hondabomdc5

hondabomdc5 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    so i wish i was getting awesome battery life. My standard battery lasted me 12 -13 hours today on LIGHT usage. I sent a few texts, made 2 short calls, and checked facebook for like 5 min. I do have my notifications to push, screen brightness as dim as it gets, screen timeout at 15 seconds, and my refresh rate on beautiful widgets at every hour. My stats are usually like Cell standby - 52% Phone Idle - 41 %, Android OS - 10 % , voice calls 9% and display 6 %. IS everyone elses cell standby and phone idle so high? I think that is what is draining my battery so fast. I just expected better battery out of very light usage.

8. TeeX

TeeX Member

Ratings:
    +4
    SAME!!
    From day #1, I had my phone set to maximum battery saver, but after some issues occasionally dropping 3G, I switched to performance mode. I'm actually getting BETTER battery life!! As well as the snappier performance that you mentioned!

I'm absolutely loving this phone.

9. grrouchie

grrouchie Member

Ratings:
    +18
    You should go through all your settings and post them - there has to be something eating your battery.
    My phone, with standard battery, has been going for over 13 hours right now and I still have 31% left.
    Granted I have only done about 30 minutes of phone conversation and 20-30 texts.
    A little bit of Facebook and some Words with friends.
    Blue Tooth 1 hour 12 minutes and WiFi currently about an hour.

My cell standby is 39% and my Phone Idle is 37% of all my usage (those two will almost always be the highest).
    So, maybe your Beautiful Widgets are killing it more than you think.
    Shut them off for a day or two and use the phone just like you are now and see how much improvement you get.

10. chiefvelo

chiefvelo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was getting 'ok' battery life the first weeknand then in on thread someone did a series of YouTube videos on best battery management for the droid. Mostly basic 101 but made me thing about the exchange push notifications. I change all the push to timed. Mostly 15 or 30 minutes and while the 'battery' use chart didn't change my battery started lasting. Sitting on my desk while I worked (cell on wifi on. Let off as no Lte in the area yet) I had 90% battery after 5:30+ minutes. Huge improvement. Irun 5 email accounts, drop box SugarSync gtalk and a few other apps that sync daily.
    Sooooo... It almost always apps draining the battery. IMO

11. revelated

revelated Member

Ratings:
    +5
    That someone would be me, and yes, sync is a battery destroyer that most don't realize. But then some are ok with 12 hours of battery. I much prefer the ~22 I get. Even though I charge every evening on my bedside dock the fact is I like the assurance that I don't HAVE to charge it.

12. hondabomdc5

hondabomdc5 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    so where do i go to to set my emails and accounts to sync every 10 min instead of instantly? I have a gmail, yahoo, facebook, twitter, skype on here. is there a way to set all of them to every 10 or 15 min or what? Im thinking maybe that would help.

Search tags for this page
battery life droid bionic
bionic battery

bionic battery life

droid bionic battery life

how to improve battery life on droid bionic
how to improve droid bionic battery life
motorola bionic battery
motorola bionic battery life
motorola droid bionic battery issues
motorola droid bionic battery life