Official! Apple afraid of google's android, check this out.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by capo745, Feb 5, 2010.

1. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

I know right? Honestly if Google ever wanted to beyotch Slap Apple all the would have to do is take away all their Google services away from apple, Youtube, iCal integration, Gmail exchange work-around for push notification (jeez I can't believe people can put up with that).

Unfortunately as I think more about this would defeat Google's ultimate goal of reaching out to more users and making their services widely used. And there's probably laws that prevent this lol

The only thing that annoys me right now is that Google's mobile web interface for gmail and gCal are currently way better and more functional than their Native apps on Android :)\, I mean really Google?) especially gCal (android native gcal app makes me wanna barf) and what about a native gReader app? Honestly if they put some of their design team from their mobile web division to work with Android's dev team I think they could offer an even richer experience with their android phones.
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

+1 <10 char>
  3. evilsock

evilsock New Member

i am literaly lmao.
    1st whoever said "what if google removed : Ipod, apple, ect, " from their search engine, BURN! they totally should, that would shut apple up for good. im an avid mac user. my whole life. but i will never buy an iphone, bc its more like an ikindahavesomephonelikefeatures seriously. no turn by turn. no mms till its 3rd model i think.the free phones have flashes for cameras, mms and turn by turn. cmon apple! oh yea and i wouldnt go AT&T if you gave me free service with free iphone. /soapbox/endrant/
    but as soon as the android OS laptop comes out im dumping apple, ill still keep my 2 laptops with win 7 and xp, bc since microsoft basicly owns the world i may as well make stuff easier sometimes.
    and its reasons like this im leaving apple, when i first got my g3 with rca and svideo imputs i was so happy i coulda died right there. back then apple was a different company, they didnt care about other OSs bc they knew theirs was solid and different.
    now i think the android platform , or FREEDOM platform (sorry i had to) is making a rise, and i guess apple finaly let it get to them. so i can only assume this will turn to a pissing contest and every time that happens software starts coming out early with bugs.
    ok really/endrant/
  4. swickdick

swickdick New Member

apple's gay......
  5. Palmyra

Palmyra Member

Well let's not forget CPM, Control Program for Microcomputers, back in 1973.
  6. Palmyra

Palmyra Member

What Google really needs to do is push manufacturers like Motorola, Sony, LG, and Samsung to form a consortium to bring out Android based Pads. Samsung and LG are both panel and memory manufacturers so there would be no chance of Apple cornering the market for parts as they have have in the past.
  7. actrack03

actrack03 New Member

Google taking apple out of their search engine would be a poor business move because they would be cutting out that market from using their search engines and after al that's how Google makes money is by having the maximum amount of people using their search engine so they can sell advertising space to their clients. Don't get me wrong I am not a fan of any apple product but Google making decisions that hurt their bottom line will hurt us (the users of their products)
  8. Martin030908

9. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

Agreed, Google would never do it. BUT you have to admit It's a nice thought to visualizing the panic in Apple's eyes if it did happen.
    Oh brother, I'm really reconsidering purchasing another Apple product.
  10. Martin030908

I didn't mean to rain on your plans :icon_ devil: LOL
  11. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Got to tell you...people are getting sick of the Apple mafia. I loved the iPhone, but haven't seen a thing from them for over a year. Droid destroys the iPhone and Apple is getting nervous. You don't hear them talking about the Ovi store or anything like that....Android must be making them a little skittish
  12. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

No need to apologize Apple ruined it, I'm really considering buying a Chrome OS laptop to replace my Macbook Pro if it dies. That is if it can run all my Architecture software without a problem lol, if not then I'll just have to get another Mac BUT I won't enjoy it! I swear!!
  13. Martin030908

Macs are alright in my book, since they're not 'content driven' like the iPhone, iTouch, and iPad. :) It's still a computer.
  14. Where'sMyCoffe?

Where'sMyCoffe? New Member

I wonder why MacRumors haven't put this up on their homepage? That puzzles me.
  15. mattygabe

mattygabe New Member

The entire reason why Apple burned Adobe was because their drivers and software are resource hungry and buggy, two things that Apple is known to NOT have. And I'd have to agree with Jobs' assertion of such, ever since the whole GhostScript thing came out I've loved having other options to open/print/create PDFs, because Adobe's software has been soooo slow.

As for the Apple/Microsoft marriage, I think Google picked an interesting sparring partner on purpose. How close do you really think Apple and MS will get? I'm willing to bet that's what Google pondered when they started Android.

Oh, the flamewars that will be happening from now on...
  16. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

I know right LOL! Everyone get your popcorn ready because it's gonna be an interesting show lol
  17. Phoxus

Phoxus New Member

Google is still a baby as far as Stock is concerned.

It's $535 a share, and only $167 Billion.

Microsoft used to be over $600 Billion but now is around $240.

Apple Is around $190 Billion I believe.

Google will grow larger and larger and you will see it affect all people who stand in its path. The only way to beat google is to make an alliance of enemies.

If Yahoo got with Microsoft, Google would have true competition. In fact Microsoft tried to buy google, but failed. Tried to buy Yahoo, failed but is still in talks (have been for almost 2 years)

Lalala
  18. Where'sMyCoffe?

Where'sMyCoffe? New Member

Google is gunning for world domination. All Google has to do is acquire Starbucks.
  19. mattygabe

mattygabe New Member

Can you imagine? Android users all hopped up on caffeine searching for more paid-for apps in the Marketplace? I know Google's imagining it!
  20. Shaneathan

Shaneathan Member

I like the Droid better than the iPhone (though they both beat each other in individual areas), but I'll never use a non-Mac computer. I plan on buying an iMac sometime in the next year to replace my 4 year old MBP :)
Search tags for this page

why apple afraid from google