Official! Apple afraid of google's android, check this out.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
It's comedy, really. And obviously the higher-ups @Apple really don't have a clue in how to manage communities or understand letting something like this "slide" without comment will let business go on as-usual (no one would have noticed). Instead, they basically screwed themselves over such a trivial thing. <shrug>

Wasn't Apple the dominate platform before Windows?

- Mega

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't have a link to support it, but my iPhone fanboy friend told me today that apple bought a map company, so no more Google maps eventually, and their default search is going to be Bing!...

really? Apple partnering with Microsoft?

death to Apple.:icon_evil:

That's what he said. He reads a LOT of forums and sites like endgadget. Not sure where this specific info came from though...

droiddict

Reaction score
I don't have a link to support it, but my iPhone fanboy friend told me today that apple bought a map company, so no more Google maps eventually, and their default search is going to be Bing!...

And I in my own demented little way fight back by eradicating Bing from every computer that I control. I found one in the lab today that had a Bing infestation in Firefox. Since the students can't install apps, I think it came along with a Java update. :((

OP
C

capo745

Reaction score

really? Apple partnering with Microsoft?

death to Apple.:icon_evil:

That's what he said. He reads a LOT of forums and sites like endgadget. Not sure where this specific info came from though...

Hey Jonny, found this, don't know if it's true or not.

Apple, Microsoft Discuss Giving Bing Top iPhone Billing - BusinessWeek

Sleeve

Reaction score
Jeremy, you're going to need to follow Sherman here over to the Wayback machine. Set the controls for 1978, Sherman. But Mr. Peabody, how will we get back when there are no IBM PCs in the world? Don't worry my dear boy, the Wayback machine runs on Apple ][s.

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
And I in my own demented little way fight back by eradicating Bing from every computer that I control. I found one in the lab today that had a Bing infestation in Firefox. Since the students can't install apps, I think it came along with a Java update. :((

Is this in a public or private school there? if its public shouldnt students be able to use whatever search engine they want? they get enough one sided teaching and propaganda as it is without censoring search engines

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The seas are parting. Apple and Google have soured. Let the war begin.

Jeremy556

Reaction score
Jeremy, you're going to need to follow Sherman here over to the Wayback machine. Set the controls for 1978, Sherman. But Mr. Peabody, how will we get back when there are no IBM PCs in the world? Don't worry my dear boy, the Wayback machine runs on Apple ][s.
I made simple BASIC programs on Apple ][s in school, but even then they were pretty rare outside of academics, and IBM dominated everywhere else, from my very limited memory of that early time in my life. I think I had an IBM AT, then a PS/2 at home during that time.

I am actually typing right now on the keyboard that came with that PS/2.
2010-02-01211606.jpg

I have a stash of more than a dozen Unicomp (company that bought IBM's tooling for the mechanical keyboards) keyboards that I bought in the late nineties, in anticipation of my PS/2 keyboard eventual demise, but the PS/2 is still going strong, 22+ years later.