***official 3g outage thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

dblddoug

Reaction score
Also wifi anyone?

I'm not able to connect to my local wifi, either. It hangs on "Obtaining IP address", even on airplane mode with wifi antenna on.
Anyone have similar problems?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
How does the entire country lose data and nobody knows why? You would think Verizon would have released a press release or an advanced warning.

Wondering the same thing. How the heck does that happen? Must be something in the code they rolled out to handle switching between LTE and 3G towers.

necronomican

Reaction score
severe 3g issue disables phone

I have the Droid. my phone was working fine then went to check new posts on the forum with my phone and my phone is only uploading it will not download. The 3g symbol is stuck on upload doesn't flash just solid so i tried wiping the phone but because it wont download it wont sync with my Google account so i cant log in . Is this a Verizon problem or is my phone screwed? I have insurance if my phone is done so it will get replaced . just wondering if anyone can help me or just tell me if its a Verizon problem. Ill appreciate any help!

bacox

Reaction score
Down in Ottumwa, Iowa too. I have the best 600 dollar paperweight right now lol.

dead5hea

Reaction score
I'm not able to connect to my local wifi, either. It hangs on "Obtaining IP address", even on airplane mode with wifi antenna on.

I'm having the same problem, I'm glad to see it's not the new ROM I installed.

bacox

Reaction score
Checked out some other forums and it looks like 3G is down nationwide. Hopefully it will be back up in the morning

CheathamHill

Reaction score
Out in auburn, alabama. Cam Newton did it...

HAHA War D Eagle!!!!!!

btw 3g not working here in Atlanta....

I thought it was just my D2 ..I rooted for the first time ever yesterday with that one touch root...and it went to hell shortly after that...I actually lost 3g yesterday afternoon for a few hours before it worked again last night..then woke up this am and NOTHING...

However, my co-worker sitting next to me is having NO issue whatsoever with his Droid X 3G...so odd

scrizzo

Reaction score
edit: Just confirmed it is a nation-wide 3G problem. Theres a thread dedicated to it.

Last edited:

bluefire7002

Reaction score

HAHA War D Eagle!!!!!!

I thought it was just my D2 ..I rooted for the first time ever yesterday with that one touch root...and it went to hell shortly after that...I actually lost 3g yesterday afternoon for a few hours before it worked again last night..then woke up this am and NOTHING...

However, my co-worker sitting next to me is having NO issue whatsoever with his Droid X 3G...so odd

Wait so your co-workers 3G is working???
what the hell? just out of curiosity everyone posting here with issues rooted?

dblddoug

Reaction score

I'm having the same problem, I'm glad to see it's not the new ROM I installed.

I'm on stock kernel, and I'm experiencing outages.

NOW, I find out that I can stream radio over 3g, but nothing else works. Weird.

Could this be a TCP vs UDP issue with the network? Some other protocol I'm not aware of to transmit media?

eliz630

Reaction score

HAHA War D Eagle!!!!!!

Wait so your co-workers 3G is working???
what the hell? just out of curiosity everyone posting here with issues rooted?

I am not rooted.

jkvato

Reaction score
3G is alive and well here in my part of SoCal (IE). Not rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.