***official 3g outage thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sphincter

Reaction score
Cannot get on internet/email but I have calls wtf?

Verizon 3G network goes down nationwide, everybody panic!

Filed under Technology no comments Is your Droid not finding its way to the internet mothership? Don't worry, it's not your hardware, it's your carrier's wireless connection -- or the lack thereof, to be more precise. We've heard from a bunch of folks this morning that Verizon's 3G network is experiencing a slight bout of disconnectedness, causing a great deal of grief and discombobulation around the country. Just sit tight, we're sure engineers are engineering solutions as we type this, and will update you as soon as things have been rectified.

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]

source: Verizon 3G network goes down nationwide, everybody panic!|World News Mania

Had my droid x for a couple days now, the internet etc were all working fine.

I am not sure what the problem is now but I cannot get any internet access through the browser, gmail, or gtalk. I cannot access the marketplace or anything. I tried taking out the battery, changing airplane mode a few times. I dont know what the deal is. I can still make calls and it shows bars but I have no access to the internet at all.

Maybe it has something to do with me using advanced task killer froyo. I remember one time I had a similar problem when I had it kill some applications like the browser and gtalk but I was able to get the programs working again. I ended up uninstalling advanced task killer because I figure its not that great of a program but nothing has changed with my phone. I have the unlimited data plan so I shouldnt have any issues getting access to the marketplace etc....

any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Seems like you are having an issue with 3g

You have already tried two of my 3 suggestions which would be rebooting and switching in and out of airplane mode so on to the third. I would dial *228 and using option 2 to update your roming capabilities. Don't know if it will work but I usually try it when I encounter issues with 3g

How long has the issue been persisting and does it appear as if 3g is working in both directions I.e. upload/download?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
S

Sphincter

Reaction score
I just called up *228. The issue started earlier tonight. I dont think 3G is working at all because there is no 3G icon next to the signal bars. Also under phone status is says "media state disconnected"

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Never seen the media state disconnected error but yeah if you don't see the 3g icon then for whatever reason your phone isn't connected to 3g. If the *228 thing didn't work then my best suggestion would be to phone Verizon about it tomorrow. It could be on their end not yours, could be wrong here though, its late but that seems logical to me.

scottypinthemix

Reaction score
Verizon 3G down?

Verizon 3G network goes down nationwide, everybody panic!

Filed under Technology no comments Is your Droid not finding its way to the internet mothership? Don't worry, it's not your hardware, it's your carrier's wireless connection -- or the lack thereof, to be more precise. We've heard from a bunch of folks this morning that Verizon's 3G network is experiencing a slight bout of disconnectedness, causing a great deal of grief and discombobulation around the country. Just sit tight, we're sure engineers are engineering solutions as we type this, and will update you as soon as things have been rectified.

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]

source: Verizon 3G network goes down nationwide, everybody panic!|World News Mania

I live in Atlanta Area and a few of my coworkers and I have no 3g signal on our phones right now. Just wondering if anyone knows of a network outtage locally/nationally.
I don't have time to sit on hold with c/s or I'd call.

Last edited by a moderator:

bookie

Reaction score
I live near Augusta. Mine was kinda sketchy earlier today but seems ok now.

bonzomatic

Reaction score
I just got confirmation that the 3g network is down in the Atlanta/Alpharetta area right now.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Whew.

That explains a lot! I was having issues with it too!

Seems to be back now. dancedroid

bonzomatic

Reaction score
Back up

Yep, I'm back up too!

I wish I hadn't panicked and removed a bunch of apps thinking that I installed something that broke it though :(

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Yep, I'm back up too!

I wish I hadn't panicked and removed a bunch of apps thinking that I installed something that broke it though :(

I did that too! I removed some apps that I didn't really care for, though. I'm just going to call it my "winter" cleaning of the phone. That way, I won't look too panicky in deleting those apps. :)

Rstran916

Reaction score
here in california sacramento, 3g just went down also around 9pm

concept3601

Reaction score
Good thing I came on here cause I was thinking it was just my phone ..
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.