OFFICIAL: 2.1 to release this week on the Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiah

Reaction score
Okay... so back ontopic, why do we think moto is pulling their announcements? It happened on twitter to, they commented on how 2.1 would roll out this week, but then their post got deleted
Could be a couple of things.

Moto's change log is incorrect and VZW wants it changed.

VZW wants to test the build longer.

I think it is a combination of both.

Then why is facebooks still up?

armeddroid

Reaction score
Check again he said it was a joke Iphone rules.

anyways,
some dude is already claiming he got the update less then an hour ago.
of course most people will call BS.
but then again, he claims to be the first one.
says he rebooted his phone and the notificatoin came up
Motorola | Facebook

lol thanks guru
I was going back and forth with that fool to see if he really got the damn update.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Okay... so back ontopic, why do we think moto is pulling their announcements? It happened on twitter to, they commented on how 2.1 would roll out this week, but then their post got deleted
Could be a couple of things.

Moto's change log is incorrect and VZW wants it changed.

VZW wants to test the build longer.

I think it is a combination of both.

Then why is facebooks still up?

No idea.....all I know is that VZW was prepping for something to occur today and it appears that them, meaning Moto, taking their tweet and changelog down was it.

Obviously this was going to cause the call centers at VZW to be flooded and they knew this? Is this what they were preparing for? I don't know that answer...

spillner

Reaction score
The only thing I want is the phone to run like it did with 2.0. I saw a complete drop in performance when I updated to 2.0.1 especially with web browsing. If 2.1 can fix that and add some cool features I'll be happy. Flash would be nice too.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
I could honestly care less about 2.1. All I want is my damn caller to not tell me I sound like my hand is over my mouth when talking to them. The clarity on my phone is horrible. Also, yesterday was the first time I had an extensive conversation with someone on the droid, and my battery died during the conversation. (42 minutes). This was coming straight off the charger.

dpw2atox

Reaction score
p1ngputts, that really shouldnt happen. Have you tried to check your battery status to see what is eatting up your charge? You can do this under settings, about phone, battery use. My biggest 3 battery drains are Voice Calls, Display and Wi-Fi.

I know I have talked for several hours without issue on my Droid, I am using the stock 2.0.1. The other possible option is if you don't have an app draining your battery, you might just have a bad battery. If this is the case, VZ should replace it for you.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
p1ngputts, that really shouldnt happen. Have you tried to check your battery status to see what is eatting up your charge? You can do this under settings, about phone, battery use. My biggest 3 battery drains are Voice Calls, Display and Wi-Fi.

I know I have talked for several hours without issue on my Droid, I am using the stock 2.0.1. The other possible option is if you don't have an app draining your battery, you might just have a bad battery. If this is the case, VZ should replace it for you.

My biggest 3 are...
Phone idle 29%
Cell standby 19%
Android system 6%

I'm more upset about the call clarity. Droid is naked atm and have tried all recommended settings in my call settings.

NaterGator

Reaction score
All I want is my damn caller to not tell me I sound like my hand is over my mouth when talking to them. The clarity on my phone is horrible.
+1, THIS!

Of all my gripes this is the biggest. If I get told I sound like I'm speaking through a blanket again I'm gonna flip. :icon_evil:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
People don't even know when I'm calling from the droid - they think it's a landline.

You have a hardware or software issue.

I had a friend call me from his droid to my landline and after about 20 min he said he was talking to me over the speakerphone - I had no idea - thats how GOOD the droid can and should be.

My biggest 3 are...
Phone idle 29%
Cell standby 19%
Android system 6%

I'm more upset about the call clarity. Droid is naked atm and have tried all recommended settings in my call settings.

dpw2atox

Reaction score
Hummm sounds like you might have a bad battery then. You should consider bringing it by a Verizon Store and getting a replacement. While you are there, ask them where our 2.1 update is :icon_ banana:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great if they told us extra screens and all the other stuff were coming soon after this date to be announced?

Then we could have a thread like this going on for 10,000 pages.:icon_ banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.