OFFICIAL: 2.1 to release this week on the Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

dverplank

Reaction score
It would have to be pretty considerable for me to even remotely think about it. Some minor bug fixes or changes aren't going to justify losing everything I have with Bugless Beast and overclocking.

I'll second that!!! Frankly I'm kinda pissed with this phone right now. I receive a lot of emails with embedded pics and cant view while my wife sits next to me on the couch viewing them on her iphone...WTF?

Bugless rules - especially overclocked!

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If there is no live wallpapers, how is it any different then most of the roms out there?

M

Matth3w

I don't care about that sort of thing. I can see pictures in GMail emails and even if I couldn't, I probably couldn't care less either.

M

Matth3w

If there is no live wallpapers, how is it any different then most of the roms out there?
Even if there is live wallpapers...who cares? I can imagine that those will lag the phone and take up more memory. I don't unlock my phone to stare at moving wallpapers, but maybe that's just me. Besides...all of my icons and widgets are going to cover them up anyhow.

Manigma77

Reaction score
Why would anyone unroot, Theres only one reason I can see, and that is so you can have the official 2.1 first... woo hoo, who cares?

I will wait and have a bigger and badder official 2.1 from one of the great devs over at alldroid!!

Root Rules!!

Psosmith82

Reaction score
hmmmm...do I unroot my Droid now?
I would....you may like it...or not : )

I think if you know so much about 2.1, i think you should tell us if were getting the version engadget talked about or the full 2.1 experience. =) No disrespect, it just seems by what you say in your posts, that you know more than most. Are you a beta tester or something? lol =)

modified

Reaction score
This is great. Not only is it my birthday this week, but the update is coming.

On a side note, I really hope Engadget's sources were wrong about what it is included in 2.1. Supposedly we are not getting live wallpapers, a new app drawer. Of course multitouch will be phenominal, but I want the full deal with the update. Also, maybe a few bug fixes, a faster camera, and a better text messaging stock app would make my day.

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
I knew this was gonna happen. 2.1 I'll put money on it will be the last update the Droid gets. The N1 is their prize phone and the Droid is faded. This pretty evident by the lack of even all the 2.1 features.

ggpike

Reaction score
I could care less about multitouch. All I want it a better gallery, faster camera, and more than 3 home screens.

Reaction score
If you think about what you're saying it makes no sense. Android is open and will be upgraded as time goes on. The Droid is made by Motorola, the N1 by HTC/Google. Motorola will be free to upgrade if they want to (though they may not). Motorola is pretty motivated to keep the Droid updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.