Office Lens Makes Its Way To Android!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

This is one of the neatest work apps I have seen in a while! Have you ever needed to grab an important piece of information around the office? With cameras in every phone its pretty easy to just take a quick picture of whatever it is you need to remember. The only problem is that often you get home, open the image, and find that the shot you took was possibly to far away, at an angle, and pretty much worthless.

Office Lens is like a scanner in your pocket. The app auto trims, enhances, and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable. The app digitizes images of notes, whiteboards, and blackboards. The app will even capture and crop the pictures you take. With document mode office lens trims and colors images perfectly. Head to the link below for the download.

via Play Store

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, let me be the first to say that that is an awesome feature and an incredible tool. I just took some pretty steep angles of pictures of different documents hanging in my cubicle, and watched as they appeared in perfect square full color high resolution images right on my screen immediately after. This is similar to a business card scanning tool that I've had in the past as well as a basic scanner tool that I used to use before, but this is so much faster and more effective. What a great find thank you so much for telling us!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Cool idea, but not something I could see using very often. I have actually snapped pics of a Whiteboard once when someone asked if I could save the content. Once. In 7 years.

But WHILE we are discussing tools like this, here's another I've used a handful ot times and it made me look like a hero.
Snap a pic, make a PDF.
CamScanner -Phone PDF Creator - Android Apps on Google Play

RyanPm40

Reaction score
As a college student, this could be INSANELY useful in lectures

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Cool idea, but not something I could see using very often. I have actually snapped pics of a Whiteboard once when someone asked if I could save the content. Once. In 7 years.

But WHILE we are discussing tools like this, here's another I've used a handful ot times and it made me look like a hero.
Snap a pic, make a PDF.
CamScanner -Phone PDF Creator - Android Apps on Google Play

I have and use CamScanner, and I agree that being able to dump directly to PDF is great. What you may not realize is that Office Lens gives you the choice of what app to save the image through. Below is a list of the ones I have available, and you'll see "PDF" as a choice. So if I save as a PDF, now it does what CamScanner does as well.

2409bcba6c4f8238908c895547461461.jpg