Office 2010

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by New2u, Jan 26, 2010.

1. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

So those of you that have seen it, or just seen the shots of it, what do you think of it?
  2. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

My opinion was: Meh. I can take it or leave it.
  3. TLDriver

TLDriver New Member

My thoughts were like really??? another one? At the place I work at we are still on office 2003 and going to just run it for a few more years. We don't have a true reason why to upgrade (if that) to something newer when most people only type out letters to clients and so on.
  4. soccerdude6227

soccerdude6227 Member

I have the beta and I am impressed so far. Nothing really is groundbreaking. I like the new office and word the most. idk if the beta is still open but if it is. It is worth giving it a try.
  5. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

It's going live within the next 6 months, so i'm not really worried about getting on the beta. Was just wondering what peoples thoughts were. I haven't really heard much about it, so i wanted to see what peoples thoughts on it were. I figured it couldn't be too much different then 2007, usually they do like 2-3 revisions of the same look, then change it up and make it look all different.

Mainly was seeing if there was any HUGE differences between the two like, hey they just added this AMAZING feature, but either way it's all good. :)
  6. soccerdude6227

soccerdude6227 Member

They changed up the ribbon in word. It is one of the main things i noticed. A file tab was added. Instead of clicking the orb. Outlook now has a ribbon also which i believe is new. It also added conversation so your inbox does not get crowded with large email conversations. I use outlook everyday so that is where most if my use is. If you have any questions let me know and I will look into it.
  7. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Alright so mainly look changes, more of a look change then anything else. I'm sure there are probably some back end things that I won't use often that have been changed also.
  8. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

I think I am more excited with their version of the web based office that is to come.

It doesn't seem to have that many new options I care about. But i am not a power user of office things. On my laptop it takes a long time to load, which will be fixed in time I am sure.
  9. soccerdude6227

soccerdude6227 Member

Are you referring to Outlook Web Access? I didn't know they were updating that. That is what my school uses for our email..
  10. msft_eagle

msft_eagle New Member

Office 2010 is the strongest office product out there today. We ceated a small forum for it and for anyone having issues between your droid and office 2010, they have quite a few articles and posts.

Microsoft Office 2010 forums