OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

GotnFX

Reaction score
Fully stock. Pulled OTA update that failed to install but keep getting this error when I try and recover from SD. Have wiped cache various times.

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/battd","b4552f25e022fdf6d3e2ec18a9f51f5548ea20b1","c7f821ff5aca3600e9f522e50988aebc40c8031c")
E: error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status7)

What version are you on? Go into system settings..about phone.

acertijo

Reaction score
necesito ayuda con mi razr xt912 intale una aplicacion y se reinicio pero no sube el sitema que hago: Blink:

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Yeah I'm having issues with going to JB. My over the air update continues to fail. I used an app to unroot me but I'm not sure if it worked. I don't mind restoring can anyone help me?:hail:

dlubs

Reaction score
Hey all,

Trying to get my phone to update from stock 6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US , Android 2.3.6.

This phone was another employees, so I restored to factory settings to wipe it when I got it. Then I went to update the system OTA and it failed, 10 times, any way possible, went to verizon and they said I had to send my phone to Motorola to have them do the update, it would cost up to $175. Then I found this form :)

I did all steps in the first post, but it still fails. Before all I saw was 25%, now I get this:

Verifying current system...
updating BP...
updating LTE...
assert failed: motorola.motoflash("/tmp/lte.img")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

I did clear the cache twice. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Dlubs

GotnFX

Reaction score
Hey all,

Trying to get my phone to update from stock 6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US , Android 2.3.6.

This phone was another employees, so I restored to factory settings to wipe it when I got it. Then I went to update the system OTA and it failed, 10 times, any way possible, went to verizon and they said I had to send my phone to Motorola to have them do the update, it would cost up to $175. Then I found this form :)

I did all steps in the first post, but it still fails. Before all I saw was 25%, now I get this:

Verifying current system...
updating BP...
updating LTE...
assert failed: motorola.motoflash("/tmp/lte.img")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

I did clear the cache twice. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Dlubs

Unknown sources checked? Settings--> Security & screen lock.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Te but I have an XT910 and I don´t want an other rom I want to keep my factory one!

The 910 and 912 are the same phone except battery. However, this thread is for US Verizon phones. I am not sure where to get an update for phones outside the US. Sorry.

GotnFX

Reaction score
On GB still, I see Location & Security Settings, but I don't see Unknown Sources?

Check under applications. Also, not sure if it will make a difference but make sure USB debugging is on under development. Hopefully that will help.

dlubs

Reaction score
Check under applications. Also, not sure if it will make a difference but make sure USB debugging is on under development. Hopefully that will help.

USB Debugging is not checks, checked it. Unknown source is not checked, I'm guessing it should be? I'll give it another go tonight.

Thanks for the help.

dlubs

Reaction score
USB Debugging is not checks, checked it. Unknown source is not checked, I'm guessing it should be? I'll give it another go tonight.

Thanks for the help.

Failed at the same point. Any other ideas?

GotnFX

Reaction score
Failed at the same point. Any other ideas?

Is your phone completely stock? Are you rooted? If you for sure are completely stock, I'd try redownloading the file. Are you downloading the file to your phone or computer? If it is to your phone, make sure it is in SD-Ext and not unzipped or in any folder. If you downloaded to your computer, again don't unzip and move it to SD-Ext.