OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

Halcyon01

Reaction score
Okay. I have a follow up question. I downloaded to the PC. Move the unzipped file to Dropbox. Opened Dropbox on the MAXX. Moved the file to the External SD card. Will that work?

As long as it's not in any kind of folder whatsoever, should be good to go.

skawx

Reaction score
Bricked

my buddy just tried this after i was sucessful and is now bricked... main issue is the phone wont bring up the boot mode, so i cant get to Ap boot.. will go to the dual core for 30 sec then to black screen... i think its F'd any ideas??

Telescopist

Reaction score
As long as it's not in any kind of folder whatsoever, should be good to go.

Hope, I can trouble you for a few more questions. I have read that once I un-root that one loses all of their settings. Does that include text msg., phone hx. and all the rest? Thanks

seant09

Reaction score
Thanks for all the work you guys put into this. I was really paranoid at first about doing this, but I just followed W0017roid's video on YT, which is mostly based on this thread, and I've got ICS up and running like a champ. Got tired of being BSed around by Verizon and decided to take matters into my own hands.

+1 Was paranoid for a couple days but decided to follow the video step by step and I'm now up and running on ICS, first try, in about 15 minutes. Thank you all for the work you put into this.

biggdave92

Reaction score
i softbricked. ran matts option 1. got phone back up and running. trying to install ICS again. when i get to "install update from SD" i dont have that option in the recovery utility. i have "apply from external storage" and "apply update from cache"

anybody?

EagleOne

Reaction score
i softbricked. ran matts option 1. got phone back up and running. trying to install ICS again. when i get to "install update from SD" i dont have that option in the recovery utility. i have "apply from external storage" and "apply update from cache"

anybody?

Pick "apply from external storage" that's the option i had to pick after running the utility as well.

biggdave92

Reaction score
i selected "apply from external" and then selected "blur......." seems to be doin somethin..... fingers are crossed!

The_Chupacabra

Reaction score
my buddy just tried this after i was sucessful and is now bricked... main issue is the phone wont bring up the boot mode, so i cant get to Ap boot.. will go to the dual core for 30 sec then to black screen... i think its F'd any ideas??

I had this problem too, you can try holding the power button and the vol down button until the screen flashes and then let it go and do it again until AP fastboot comes up, if that comes up you can hit all 3 buttons and it should go to recovery. There you can apply the update from you SD card.

tz34mb

Reaction score
Question: Just saw this on another post that someone lost their 4G after failing trying to install ICS. I have the same problem.

I tired the update on Saturday and it failed, so I followed th instructions and returned it to GingerBread. Ever since, i have only had 3G. That was the topic of the other post I saw.

He mentioned Verizon had him check his IMEI number and it said Unknown...so I checked mine and it also says unknown. Is there a way to correct this?

I decided to try to install the ICS update again...this time rebooting after first cache clear, and install went great!! 4G came back as did my IMEI number! dancedroid

sampaasch

Reaction score
Okay. So I'm a little confused.
I am coming from .181 on a Razr Maxx that has never been Rooted.

Can I simply follow the instruction on the OP, or do I need to root first?

Thanks!

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
sampaasch said:
Okay. So I'm a little confused.
I am coming from .181 on a Razr Maxx that has never been Rooted.

Can I simply follow the instruction on the OP, or do I need to root first?

Thanks!

No rooting is needed. You need to be completely stock.

"Warning: You cant shave with your RAZR. I tried!!"

hrhandiej

Reaction score
I'm one of those who lost my IMEI and 4G after trying to do this...And no matter what, after massive flashes and attempts to resolve this, I can neither load this or get my IMEI and 4G back. I do see that it's failing on the lte.img, so whatever the utility did to kill my radio, the lte.img is looking to update it and can't.

At this point, I'm fastbooting back to .181 (for the 30th time) and waiting for the OTA and praying that the lack of IMEI doesn't affect my ability to update. Just putting it out there for those who are trepidatious about doing this update. If you're not cool with chaos, then I'm sure you'll be happier to wait a day or two. :)

EagleOne

Reaction score
Did you have to unroot first as per Matt's instructions? If so, what is the procedure? anyone?

I wasn't rooted so no. I believe people were saying if you are rooted you need to use the utility Voodoo?

Last edited: