OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
about how long does ics install take guys????

Hope you enjoy it! Like i keep saying charge to 100% and back up anything and everything important. What step are you asking about in how long it takes??

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
rda990 said:
Hope you enjoy it! Like i keep saying charge to 100% and back up anything and everything important. What step are you asking about in how long it takes??

Thats most important as a pre-req
"Warning: You cant shave with your RAZR. I tried!!"

rastaman_

Reaction score
DONE! Thanks to all, especially rda990, computerfixer, mattlgroff and everyone else! Pretty much read everything a couple times then used mattlgroff's video step by step. Worked the 1st time!

wwaterhouseclan

Reaction score
Worked Like a Charm the first time, I never had an issue, I follow every instruction as its listed. On Step #26 When You apply zip from sd just select it and put it down and do something else, if not you will become impatient

I am trying this method right now, and so far so good.

Halcyon01

Reaction score
Thanks for all the work you guys put into this. I was really paranoid at first about doing this, but I just followed W0017roid's video on YT, which is mostly based on this thread, and I've got ICS up and running like a champ. Got tired of being BSed around by Verizon and decided to take matters into my own hands.

Telescopist

Reaction score
Transferring File to External SD Card

RDA writes: "2. Place the file downloaded in step one into the ROOT of your EXTERNAL SD card. (DO NOT UNZIP THE FILE)"
I am currently transferring that file into what is called the 'download folder' located on the External SD card. Is that an okay place to store it? I don't understand the particulars of what it means to place the file 'into the ROOT of the external SD card. Some guidance here before I take the big leap and attempt to update to ICS. Thanks.

Halcyon01

Reaction score
RDA writes: "2. Place the file downloaded in step one into the ROOT of your EXTERNAL SD card. (DO NOT UNZIP THE FILE)"
I am currently transferring that file into what is called the 'download folder' located on the External SD card. Is that an okay place to store it? I don't understand the particulars of what it means to place the file 'into the ROOT of the external SD card. Some guidance here before I take the big leap and attempt to update to ICS. Thanks.

Basically, the "root" of your SD card is basically the core of the card. Don't put it in any folders. When you put the card into your computer, and you go into My Computer and double click your card, that's the root. Don't click into any folders, just drop it right on there, if that makes any sense.

Telescopist

Reaction score
Basically, the "root" of your SD card is basically the core of the card. Don't put it in any folders. When you put the card into your computer, and you go into My Computer and double click your card, that's the root. Don't click into any folders, just drop it right on there, if that makes any sense.

Almost... It's 'me' not you. I just 'moved' the file out of the download folder located on the SD card. It now shows up looking like: Blur_Version....on.en.US.zip. There is a little Android icon located just before the Blur part. This file shows that it contains 362542 KB. Repeat: It is not located in any folder. What I did was transfer this file from the PC to Dropbox. Then opened up the MAXX and opened up Dropbox. I then moved the file to the SD card first placing in the 'Download Folder'. Hope I am making sense. Thanks.

jlegros77

Reaction score
Do I have to download the zip file onto a computer? Can't seem to download any of the mirrors to my phone...

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
jlegros77 said:
Do I have to download the zip file onto a computer? Can't seem to download any of the mirrors to my phone...

Easier to download to ur pc a long with matts utilities. And saves data if ur not on wifi

"Warning: You cant shave with your RAZR. I tried!!"

fldfld

Reaction score
Signature Error!

A few pages ago, someone posted about the same error i'm having...there were no replies so i'm posting my request for help.

I get all the way through using ICS 1.7. I did a factory reset and many cache wipes. Phone has never been rooted.

I begin recovery mode then choose the zip file which is in my root directory of SD card.

It thinks a minute then hits me with errors saying cannot access e:\cache\caller and then two errors saying cannot verify "whole-signature."
I am stuck...back on GB with a nicely wiped phone.

Help!

pinoy_92

Reaction score
you need to revise this to explain the different errors. also, coming from stock .181, you are going to need to install the update .zip file twice and install the .211 kernel. there is many other ways to install .211 leak and this is not complete. also, flashing errors could lead to the user not being able to go back to .181.

Telescopist

Reaction score
Easier to download to ur pc a long with matts utilities. And saves data if ur not on wifi

Okay. I have a follow up question. I downloaded to the PC. Move the unzipped file to Dropbox. Opened Dropbox on the MAXX. Moved the file to the External SD card. Will that work?

cjrich

Reaction score
OK so I have read every single post here, however I am still stuck at error 0, and error 7. Every time I plug my device into my computer Im using usb 2.0's in the back. I have the Moto drivers installed, but for whatever reason ICS 1.7 using option 1 I keep getting an system cannot find path specified. I have done every step possible and can not get maxx back to GB or update to ICS. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP OUT TO GET OUT OF SOFT BRICK:mad: