OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by rda990, Jun 23, 2012.

1. chanclon23

chanclon23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Your phone probably is only in CDMA mode. You'll have to enable LTE. Go to settings - wireless & settings - network mode then select LTE/CDMA. Not too sure but I think thats how the menu goes...I'm on ICS now so the menus have changed :biggrin: but give that a try.

2. rda990

rda990 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Sorry for not being here at all yesterday to assist people, the last couple of posts I've made here were from my Razr, which is hard to type long instructions to do on it. It finally died and couldn't get a good charge and I am finally able to get on a computer to reply to peoples issues, both until now. I'll go back and read all posts since page 30 or so when I last posted and help anyone who is stuck.

#626 rda990, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  3. blinden

blinden Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel2 XL
    anyone have a working link? I can't get the download from the couple links I found browsing this thread.

NM, link I found doesn't make sense.

#627 blinden, Jun 25, 2012
  4. rda990

rda990 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Like I said, I will go back and read every post here and help as many people as possible, even if it took me 3 hours, I don't want anyone feeling left outdancedroid. Long posts I have edited and shortened to not make it that long.

Did you try the charging tricks? and you say you got the OTA THROUGH your phone last night? If you got it through your phone, there was no need to follow this guide at all, since this is for people who haven't gotten it yet and can't wait to get ICS.

UNLESS you are trying to say that you got the OTA update prompt on your phone, and STILL got these types of errors in here, if that is the case let me know ASAP please.

Sorry if I can't remember, but weren't you one of the first people to read this guide and install ICS successfully? If not did you get it?

I THINK I actually had that problem the first boot or second boot into ICS, if I did it got fixed by rebooting. Make sure to check the "Screen time out" option and put it to about 15 seconds, wait about 20 seconds to see if it'll work. If not the try setting "None", reboot and obviously there should be no locks screen. Go into settings after the reboot and change it to "Slide" reboot once more without checking the lock screen and it should be there.

I'm sorry none of my help worked =/ very weird that yours doesn't want to charge at all, but others who ran out of battery did. Like I will say at the end of this, all phones are acting pretty different. If you walk in to Verizon Wireless and give them and just tell them it was updating and it bricked, you will walk out with a refurbished "new" phone no questions asked. (That's has been my case the last and only 2 times I bricked my very first Droid and had no idea of AP Fastboot or what to do, then I learned to be careful with things like these, it really sucks when you're bricked.

Shouldn't be more than a minute or two, its just 512kb, so no more than 2 minutes for ADB. What's your status now?

Very weird, but not an unknown bug, has been talked about somewhere. Make sure to back everything up and do a system restore. Let me know what happens.

From what I read, your phone said "Too low to program", you left it on that screen charging and it said "Battery Ok" eventually? There was also no sign of it charging correct?

You will have to get the phone to charge if you want to flash it, get it charged up then you can try AP Fastbooting again, or else you'll keep getting that error.

Look at my OP, and look at the very bottom, follow the directions to get into Fastboot

Since you're in the ICS recovery it should work as soon as you try to install ICS again (Following the same steps), what is the exact Status 7 error you are getting?

Backup everything on your phone and Restore it.

Are you back on GB at least? And yes you can do Rootkeeper on the OTA once it gets pushed to your phone, that's what I did and it kept root.

HA! I don't think any of us have, enjoy your ICS desert!

Perfect! Thanks for sharing the problem you were having and your fix for it!! I hope you enjoy ICS, like I have said, it might take 2, 3, 4 or even 5 times to clearing cache, and doing a reboot cycle.

dancedroid Beautiful, this is what I meant, some people have no problems at all. There's a reason half these problems are happening, and I really think it's a user error, I won't stop until I find what is causing most of these errors. Have fun with ICS!!

It SHOULD. To be 10000% sure just unroot and re-root, but there's no reason for it not to. Second time I applied ICS upgrade ONTOP of my currect ICS, I was rooted and it went through, but it just took my root away and I just restored it. DO NOT TRY THAT THOUGH, if anything, unroot first. Also make sure you have no frozen apps or mods please.

Market VooDoo Rootkeeper, save root button, then temp. root button. Then follow the guide, make sure you backed up and have 100% battery, please!

Nothing will happen while your in Matt's utility and your NOT on fastboot. Look at bottom of my OP, it will show you how to get in AP Fastboot mode.

More replies on the way! Just wanted to get these out for now.

5. jscgs350

jscgs350 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still no Home or Search buttion functionality...help?

This forum and thread saved me, thanks to everyone who posted their experiences. I was dead in the water last night.

I think my problem was related to full device encryption and a separate device administrator we impose on corporate email.

I am officially on ICS, with my only issue so far being that the Home and Search buttons don't work. I can feel the heptic feedback, but the buttons don't do a thing.

EDIT - looks like my car dock and HD dock don't recognize the phone when docking...

Any suggestions?

- JC

#629 jscgs350, Jun 25, 2012
  6. bryanhilton

bryanhilton New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [h=1]So I read that the dropbox is down, but when I try the other link, it looks like it may be down as well:

Forbidden[/h] You don't have permission to access /Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip on this server.

7. rda990

rda990 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Save everything on your phone/imporant data and factory restore, it's in Settings -> Privacy -> Factory Data Reset

Links are back up!! Sorry!! dancedroid

8. RazrSlim

RazrSlim Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I might just useless and blind but I can't find the external as folder to place the download under. Help

9. 2jjordan12

2jjordan12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay this may be a completely dumb question but is this zip file installation done by computer or can u do it directly with your phone only

10. RazrSlim

RazrSlim Member

Ratings:
    +0
    External SD* folder

11. rda990

rda990 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Connect your phone to computer. Pull down the notification on your phone that will pop up, and click on "Mass Storage" you will see one of the two new drives will be the EXTERNAL SD card.

No questions on this thread are "dumb" :) It technically can be both, but I find it for people who don't know much about this stuff to rather do it through their comptuers to avoid problems. If you can do this already then go ahead:

Go download ICS on your phone (It will save in your "Downloads" folder in your INTERNAL SD card) you will need to MOVE it to your EXTERNAL SD card, use an app like Astro or ES File Explorer (Both free in market) to move the file you downloaded to your external sd card.

I still suggest using your computer to download and transferring the file to your phone. Less prone of errors that way.

12. 2jjordan12

2jjordan12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have the settings set to download directly to my external SD card instead of internal storage but when I follow the steps I can't find the zip file anywhere so I just let it boot back thru gingerbread...I don't have a computer handy all I have is a galaxy tab and I don't think that will work as well as a PC would if at all....maybe I should just wait for the ota I really want ics but I'm just not that computer savvy

Search tags for this page
android vaultservice folder
blur version.6.12.181.xt912.verizon.en.us

blur version.6.12.181.xt912.verizon.en.us.zip

bp tools droid razr

droid razr ics update download

droid razr ota download

ics for droid razr download

rda990 forums droidforums ics installation guide blur version 181 xt912 verizon
xt909 firmware free download
xt91277test