OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
Only took me about 40 minutes from start to finish, and man was it worth it!

I think if people took the time to read the entire first post and download everything first, 90% of these issues wouldn't be occurring.

This. I'm back and I'll be reading every post from page 41 till the last page. I'll help as much as I can. Congrats to all those who got ICS on their phones first time around without any problems! dancedroid

MeridianSun

Reaction score
I got this to work and am on ICS....all is well. However: I did run the MD5 and my first download of ICS (Blue_Version...) did NOT match. I don't know if it matters, but when I downloaded a fresh copy, the numbers did match.

I forgot: A massive thank you to everyone responsible for this!

I hate to be a newbie, but how do you check the numbers to see if they match?

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
MeridianSun said:
I hate to be a newbie, but how do you check the numbers to see if they match?

Md5 checker

"Warning: You cant shave with your RAZR. I tried!!"

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I guess I need a different computer, im gonna just wait till the update comes to my phone, dont want to wait for another replacement(messed up terribly the first time I tried and bricked it with 30% battery)
You may have had an issue when you ported over the .zip file for Motoblur.211. Did you remember where you plopped the file onto your SD card to commence with the update? If so, make sure you put it in a folder on your main SD card window screen so it stands out and you can find it easily, can happen if you do not pay attention where you placed the file. Also, did you accidentally unzip the file before you transferred it over to your SD card? I did that by mistake on my computer, had status zero error 3x before I got it to work (had to do data wipe 1x, clear cache partition, and a little help from the programmer who designed the utility software didn't hurt either.)

Hopefully this is of some use for you!:icon_eek:

R3DBAND

Reaction score
You may have had an issue when you ported over the .zip file for Motoblur.211. Did you remember where you plopped the file onto your SD card to commence with the update? If so, make sure you put it in a folder on your main SD card window screen so it stands out and you can find it easily, can happen if you do not pay attention where you placed the file. Also, did you accidentally unzip the file before you transferred it over to your SD card? I did that by mistake on my computer, had status zero error 3x before I got it to work (had to do data wipe 1x, clear cache partition, and a little help from the programmer who designed the utility software didn't hurt either.)

Hopefully this is of some use for you!:icon_eek:
Yep all that is in check, I've done everything right regarding the instructions given for installing this thing, the only problem i could think of is my computer, are there things i need to check? I have all the drivers for the phone, im using usb 2.0 ports what else could be happening?

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
R3DBAND said:
Yep all that is in check, I've done everything right regarding the instructions given for installing this thing, the only problem i could think of is my computer, are there things i need to check? I have all the drivers for the phone, im using usb 2.0 ports what else could be happening?

I needed to do data wipe when i installed ICS. I would advise doing data wipe (provided you backed up your files). Clear cache partition 2x then install. I had to redownload MOTOBLUR. 211 ICS to get it to work on mine. My suggestion is to use Matt's utility 1.7 option 1 if you softbricked. Also make sure you download the latest Motorola drivers for your p.c. whether it's 32 or 64-bit.

R3DBAND

Reaction score
I needed to do data wipe when i installed ICS. I would advise doing data wipe (provided you backed up your files). Clear cache partition 2x then install. I had to redownload MOTOBLUR. 211 ICS to get it to work on mine. My suggestion is to use Matt's utility 1.7 option 1 if you softbricked. Also make sure you download the latest Motorola drivers for your p.c. whether it's 32 or 64-bit.
I think you have what I need help with wrong, im saying that matts utility 1.7 isnt working for me right now but im starting off fresh re-downloading everything.

jacrx17

Reaction score
People are forgetting that while in recovery for the first time you wipe cache/factory reset then reboot into recovery and wipe cache again. I don't mean everyone is forgetting but i saw some people post their steps and they didn't do that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jlegros77

Reaction score
How do I uninstall safestrap? Really don't want the problems that others are having. I'm rooted also and have root keeper.
Anyone?

Last edited:
OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
How do I uninstall safestrap? Really don't want the problems that others are having. I'm rooted also and have root keeper.
Anyone?

This is assuming you're still rooted.

1. Open up the Safestrap app (Install it again if you uninstalled it).
2. Click the "uninstall" button on it if its not already uninstalled.
3. Uninstall the Safestrap app now.
4. Reboot.
5. Open rootkeeper.
6. Click "Protect Root" button.
7. Click "Temp. un-root" button.
8. Follow guide.

Please charge phone up to 100% and backup any apps and important information, Internal SD card also. Don't be surprised if you need to use Utility since you had safestrap installed, but follow directions and you will be fine.

After the server kept getting penetrated by bots, I've blocked many IP's, if for some reason your IP was blocked use one of the MIRROR links to download the files.

I have also added a Torrent that i'll be seeding with 45mbps speed so that's the fastest way you'll get the files if you prefer that way.

ViperX

Reaction score
awesomeness

You guys are awesome did everything to a T and i am getting ics right now. lts like christmas morning here folks!!!!!!