OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

RedRamage

Reaction score
So I had some issues side loading, but finally got it to work. Unfortunately had to do a factory reset along the way, but I'm up and running, re-installing apps and rebuilding my home screen.

One issue though: When I go to add a widget, the NAME of the widget is now showing up in the list. I see the icon, but the name area is blank. Now, if I tap on one, the name shows up while I'm holding it, so I can get by, but obviously this isn't ideal. Anyone else run into this? Anyone have a solution?

It appears this may just be something related to Nova Launcher...

nkfry

Reaction score
I don't feel like reading thru 661 posts, so if it's in there somewhere back in this thread just lemme know. Will doing this take you off the OTA trail? Or will I be OTA updatable when they release bug fixes and whatnot?

kmss1

Reaction score
I don't feel like reading thru 661 posts, so if it's in there somewhere back in this thread just lemme know. Will doing this take you off the OTA trail? Or will I be OTA updatable when they release bug fixes and whatnot?

I've been following this whole thing pretty closely, and since this is an actual OTA release it should not affect future OTA updates and patches.

SpencerSharkey

Reaction score
Tried it the night this thread was posted... no luck. The next day I dropped my phone pretty bad and it, well, broke. Got a new one today! Tried this on my new phone completely stock...

Softbrick -_-

Oh well, time to try again.

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
just wanted to add a +1 for getting it working. Lots of people posting are only going to post negative experiences, want people to know that it does work!

kmss1

Reaction score
Tried it the night this thread was posted... no luck. The next day I dropped my phone pretty bad and it, well, broke. Got a new one today! Tried this on my new phone completely stock...

Softbrick -_-

Oh well, time to try again.

Although I have been following this thread very closely, I decided for my own phone to just be patient. It seems that the recipe to success here though is the old saying; "If at first you don't succeed, try try try again" and if that doesn't work there's always the ole sledge hammer! :icon_evil: Just be sure you have Assurion before using the last-ditch approach

Last edited:

velopirate

Reaction score
This worked like a charm after a complete wipe / factory reset. Thanks so much!

RedRamage

Reaction score
This worked like a charm after a complete wipe / factory reset. Thanks so much!

This makes me feel better... I only got my to update after a factory reset too. Then after I did that I started wondering if it was only coincidence that it went through that time and I didn't need to wipe. Sounds like for some of us at least, a complete wipe is necessary.

SpencerSharkey

Reaction score
Although I have been following this thread very closely, I decided for my own phone to just be patient. It seems that the recipe to success here though is the old saying; "If at first you don't succeed, try try try again" and if that doesn't work there's always the ole sledge hammer! :icon_evil: Just be sure you have Assurion before using the last-ditch approach

Thing was i smashed it on accident :icon_eek: I went back to stock after it didn't work the first time.
I'll try it again, if no-go, then I'm waiting I guess.

Umainebearman

Reaction score
Well like I said in one of my posts, even though it IS stated in the OP that if you do the recovery process first you are more apt to NOT get a soft brick, that you should do a factory reset 1st. Even if you have just popped that bad boy out of the box do a reset anyway. I guess the sure fire way to tell is if the Android Market place is the Android Marketplace and not the Google Play store. If its AMP then your ok if its GPS then do a factory reset/recovery.. Been toying with the OS for a bit now and am LOVING it. Thanks to all who contributed.

SpencerSharkey

Reaction score
When you guys are doing Factory resets are you using the one in the Privacy menu? Or the one on the restore menu (where you can clear the cache and update from SD card)..?

kmss1

Reaction score
I believe they both do the same exact thing Spencer...

Somebody feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

EagleOne

Reaction score
Hey guys, I followed the instructions from this thread and after a few tries I got it to work!

I'm having 2 problems though.

1. The lock screen is not working, I've tried turning off security then re-enabling it, no luck.

2. The home and search buttons aren't working.

I'm not sure if anyone else is having these problems but i'm worried I might have to re-format again.

thanks for any idea.

kmss1

Reaction score
Hey guys, I followed the instructions from this thread and after a few tries I got it to work!

I'm having 2 problems though.

1. The lock screen is not working, I've tried turning off security then re-enabling it, no luck.

2. The home and search buttons aren't working.

I'm not sure if anyone else is having these problems but i'm worried I might have to re-format again.

thanks for any idea.

Have you rebooted it since your success??