OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

Umainebearman

Reaction score
So I guess the warning here should be "This WILL brick your device. You WILL need to recover it". I'll give it another go if the recovery works properly. It looked good untill it stuck at the dual core screen.

RazrSlim

Reaction score
So I decided to try the update bc I'm impatient. Anyways i forgot to clear cache and failed. So after the failed attempt i clear cache and did a system restore wipe clean and reboot. Turned on and got stuck on red moto sign. Powered off went into restore again cleared cache twice then tried the update again. Now running flawlessly.

Umainebearman

Reaction score
So the rocovery aparently failed. I know have a green android with a red triangle and ! over its chest. Any idea on what this means?

dws51

Reaction score
Need help.. Bricked and can't turn phone off

I did everything as instucted but the download failed. I tried it twice and then selected the option to reboot(not sure if that was the exact wording, but it was the option to return to what I had previously on my phone). Now it is stuck in the Red M dual core screen and the phone will not turn off.
Any advice on what to do?
Thanks
Darrell

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I did everything as instucted but the download failed. I tried it twice and then selected the option to reboot(not sure if that was the exact wording, but it was the option to return to what I had previously on my phone). Now it is stuck in the Red M dual core screen and the phone will not turn off.
Any advice on what to do?
Thanks
Darrell

Read the whole post, it gives you instructions on what to do if you brick it.

DaveMW

Reaction score
I ran through the process twice since the phone hung at the Dual Core Screen. Seems to be working fine for me. Thanks to the OP and all the work folks have been doing on getting this to the masses.

jpetersen5

Reaction score
So I finally got ICS installed! Thanks so much for all of the details and information.

One question I have and it's a stupid one, but I'm not seeing the Power Widget shown on the Ops pictures. That shows 4G switch, etc...Is that not a standard widget and an add on app? Thanks a lot!

RedRamage

Reaction score
So the rocovery aparently failed. I know have a green android with a red triangle and ! over its chest. Any idea on what this means?

It means keep trying. DO NOT PANIC!! Keep trying varitions of clearing the cache rebooting, and retrying the install. I worked on it for 2-3 hours last night before I finally got it all working.

Might also try re-downloading the file. Perhaps there was a hiccup in your download?

Umainebearman

Reaction score
Giving it another go...... I think. I means why not everythings been wiped off the device now anyway. Weird thing is is if that recovery tool puts it back to stock and thats the recommended thing to do why not make that the first step? Obviously everyone has applied at least 1 update between the time they bought there razr and now. Another thing, after I recovered and I tried to look for a system update it didn't find one which it should have because the android market place was still the android market place and not google play.

Well it got by the Dual core screen pretty quick and is now showing the Android upgrading screen.

Thanks Red, no I didn't panic I just assume everything should ALWAYS work the first time. But that's cause I'm an optimist when it comes to technology. I should have known unless you had JUST bought your razr and hadn't done anything to it would need to be recovered. But its updating apps now and I'll give it a full run through after that.

Last edited:
OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
Thanks I know how much work youve put into it, appreciate you doing your best to keep links up

Glad you appreciate it! =D hope you get your ICS to working, I'm going to go to bed now, I've been up more than 24 hours now (Not all on this :icon_eek:). When I get back I'll finish helping everyone else.