OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

Ron57

Reaction score
Managed to find a quick solution to my problem...Using the last post in this thread in case anybody else ever has this problem.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/204567-help-battery-died-during-flash.html
Basically, trick the phone into thinking I have "enough" battery to finish the Fastboot. Basically, if you boot the phone with it plugged in, it thinks the battery is fine, even in recovery and FastBoot mode. My phone is rebooting now as we speak so hopefully everything worked fine and I managed to not completely ruin my night. XD

bnbrazr

Reaction score
Yeah weirdly enough I havent run into any of the errors described, for me it's stuck at "Patching Boot Image" and has been on this prompt for over 20 minutes now...

bnbrazr

Reaction score
Nevermind, gave it a 2nd try and it went through like grandma's home made stick of butter.

bnbrazr

Reaction score
Wow, my happiness is always jerked around. Ok, so the install went through fine but now the device is soft bricked. LOL, can't catch a break ever! Yeah, it just won't start up. Red flashing eye is stuck.

tmhung

Reaction score
Yeah weirdly enough I havent run into any of the errors described, for me it's stuck at "Patching Boot Image" and has been on this prompt for over 20 minutes now...

me too , i tried all resolutions on this topic , but i still don't work

bnbrazr

Reaction score
Nevermind, got it working finally,, just had to wait. On official ICS OTA! WOOT! ::HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU ALL:: ::pOPS CHAMPAGNE:: THE PARTY IS FINALLY HERE BOYS LETS TOAST!

Ryoumou

Reaction score
Had the same problem as others. Followed instructions, got status 0 error and softbrick. Ran Matt's utility for a perfect recovery and trying again at this point. Praying for the best!

EDIT: Status 0 error again. Another restore via Matt's utility underway. Probably going to have to wait for the OTA as well. I *SUPPOSE* it's only a few days. Maybe. >_>

Last edited:

Jmuth197

Reaction score
Ok guys, really simple. I am coming from .181 gingerbread 2.3.6. I am rooted. You only need to backup your root with Voodoo to keep the root. No safestrap/bootstrap. The easiest way to install this is to
1) root your phone with whatever utility you please
2) install ROM manager free version, and ES File Explorer.
3) download the OTA update on page 1
4) You need to enable up to root and root explorer within ES File Manger within the settings.
5) Copy the OTA to the Root/Cache folder
6) Open the OTA file and when it prompts you what you would like to open this file with, select ROM Manager.
7) ROM Manager will restart your phone and install the update.

Worked like butter for me. I LOVE ICS!!! FINALLY!!

tmhung

Reaction score
Ok guys, really simple. I am coming from .181 gingerbread 2.3.6. I am rooted. You only need to backup your root with Voodoo to keep the root. No safestrap/bootstrap. The easiest way to install this is to
1) root your phone with whatever utility you please
2) install ROM manager free version, and ES File Explorer.
3) download the OTA update on page 1
4) You need to enable up to root and root explorer within ES File Manger within the settings.
5) Copy the OTA to the Root/Cache folder
6) Open the OTA file and when it prompts you what you would like to open this file with, select ROM Manager.
7) ROM Manager will restart your phone and install the update.

Worked like butter for me. I LOVE ICS!!! FINALLY!!

^^ , yup , but i don't need to root my phone :D

Ryoumou

Reaction score
UPDATE: Tried again using tmhung's advice. The 3rd time appears to have been the charm! Got hung up on "Patching Boot Image" like others did, but a cache wipe and second attempt fixed the problem. Currently waiting on the final reboot here after application. Many many billions of thanks and love to tmhung and RDA990! <3

EDIT: Might be worth noting, but when I restored my google account I also turned off USB Debugging in Settings>Applications>Development (I had turned it on a while back for a previous root I had since restored from). Not sure if this had anything to do with it or not.

tmhung

Reaction score
UPDATE: Tried again using tmhung's advice. The 3rd time appears to have been the charm! Got hung up on "Patching Boot Image" like others did, but a cache wipe and second attempt fixed the problem. Currently waiting on the final reboot here after application. Many many billions of thanks and love to tmhung and RDA990! <3

EDIT: Might be worth noting, but when I restored my google account I also turned off USB Debugging in Settings>Applications>Development (I had turned it on a while back for a previous root I had since restored from). Not sure if this had anything to do with it or not.

nice :) , i live in Viet Nam , and now i can use my local carrier network without root my phone :) , back to stock

BillTheCat

Reaction score
Nothing ever works for me. I shoulda known this was not my time. Followed all instructions. First error left me at Status 0 error. 2nd attempt left me at Status 7 error. No idea how to recover. Starting at the "M" Dual Core loading scree right now after having chosen "reboot" after 3rd failure to load. Can't get back to menus, and I'm sure the battery is draining nicely now.

Not an experienced phone hacker, but technically proficient. (I design/build the networks that connect all those glorious cell towers to the telephone network, internet, etc.)

Help?

R3DBAND

Reaction score
This is my first time installing software from the sd card, how do i place the update in the root of my sd card?
Edit: Nevermind im an idiot.

Last edited: