OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by rda990, Jun 23, 2012.

1. rda990

rda990 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Did you try the new step 6 I put? Clearing cache twice?

Yeah I knew rooted phones/bootstrap/safestrap leftovers would mess some of this up. But even clean fully stock never before rooted people had that error. Clearing the cache should of taken care of it, but hasn't for all.

2. stealthy45

stealthy45 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes.

3. smmfc

smmfc Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The first time I cleared cache it didn't go through but the second time did after the first clearing I tried to boot up and had to reset off the moto screen and then cleared the second time and it went through.

4. stealthy45

stealthy45 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll give that a try after I have my google accounts set up again.
    Matt's utility saved my bacon.

5. Ron57

Ron57 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys I'm a little worried...I tried this the first time and It didn't work...got the same error as everybody else. (I've never rooted before either, so I figured I'd run into no problems). Unfortunately, I'm trying to run Matt's utility to recover back to Gingerbread, and I'm having some issues because my battery is almost dead on my phone apparently. I'm just wondering if I leave it plugged into the charger, will it actually charge? No matter what I do now, It just sits on the red "Dual Core" screen and nothing happens...I'm just curious as to whether my battery is actually charging or not. If not, I'm basically screwed, am I not?

6. smmfc

smmfc Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So I just realized that you said you installed this update. Where did you get the file? You said it was official over the air. Was it pushed to your phone and you pulled the file?

7. rda990

rda990 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    This whole time I've been searing for Status 0, I cannot find it at all. Status 7 is an easy one, it's when you have modified system apps, but Status 0 doesn't indicate to any location. Things I can think of are:

1.Even though the MD5's are correct, downloading the file ONCE more won't hurt.
    2.Make sure not to rename the file and place it in External SD as is.
    3.I know you're NOT rooted and 100% stock, but checking if you're somehow rooted also won't hurt, you have to be 100% stock for this.
    4.Reboot back to system after each "cache wipe"
    5.Make sure SD card isn't full or doesn't have any more updates in its directory.

If you try any of that tell me how it goes, i'm sorry you soft bricked, but like you said thanks to Matt's utility you're phones back to life :)

8. rda990

rda990 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yea it was pushed to my phone, before updating I pulled it, right after pulling it I updated to ICS (OTA). Then just now once you guys were having trouble I installed the SAME ICS update ON TOP of my current ICS build and it went by smooth like I said, so the file is 100% working.

If you're phone is just sitting on the Red "Dual Core" screen, it is NOT charging most likely and using up battery, TURN IT OFF NOW to save battery for Matt's utility to recover.

9. smmfc

smmfc Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for reiterating that fact and thank you for posting this its running amazing good work on posting this quickly for those of us who are severely impatient lol

10. Ron57

Ron57 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure what you mean. How will my phone get battery if I don't plug it in? What am I supposed to do?

11. stealthy45

stealthy45 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine seemed to be charging while booted into AB fast boot mode while connected to PC. Can't say for sure though.

12. rda990

rda990 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah no problem, I was also one of the ones waiting for this to come out all night long about 16 hours ago since it was announced by Moto/VZW, I didn't want anyone else having to keep waiting, Sorry for the failed update you got in the begging, glad you got through it though. dancedroid

I just meant to turn it off until I show you how to properly use Matt's utility, we don't want to waste any battery life while it's already low :) .

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/212075-brinked-phone-what-do.html#post2144140

R
    ead that post, since you already have Matt's utility it should be easy, let me know any steps you are stuck on.

Search tags for this page
android vaultservice folder
blur version.6.12.181.xt912.verizon.en.us

blur version.6.12.181.xt912.verizon.en.us.zip

bp tools droid razr

droid razr ics update download

droid razr ota download

ics for droid razr download

rda990 forums droidforums ics installation guide blur version 181 xt912 verizon
xt909 firmware free download
xt91277test