OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

datboiwizzie

Reaction score
KaZo86 said:
So you left your phone on the wall charger with it on the AP Fastboot screen? Or did you do something with BP Tools? I have Matts Utility ready whenever I have a useful charge.

If your charging overnight the best way is to use the wall charger with your phone off. If your just waiting for it to say "battery ok" then yes have it on the wall charger in AP Fastboot. Are you sure that Matts Utility is under your c drive on your computer?

Technoman

Reaction score
Alright. Ive successfully run Matts 1.7 and try to install and keep getting error 7. What am I forgetting?

I also have the new recovery this time around.

Have you tried to load GB via Matt's utility?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

boynblu

Reaction score
I know I am a newbie but I was having the same error problems as everyone else error 7 with failure string... I cleared cache rebooted cleared cache rebooted tried again same results..... Then I got crazy and unplugged my phone since it was charging and success so far its gotten further than ever before with no errors so far will keep you informed but.... dancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:dancedroid:biggrin::hail: to all who are helping us newbies my thanx!!!

shannababy2004

Reaction score
OK!! :( someone please help me....ive never rooted my maxx or anything....went by the instructions word by word... error 0 then 7 then 0 again....each time i did clear cache twice....ok....started with 100% battery....now its dead...i went thru the battery cheat...no luck (i dont think) stays on m logo....also....i can go to the reboot menu while plugged into the wall but if i unplug it to plug it in my cpu....dead....what do i do? im sooooo frustrated.....yahoo messenger sweetrebel2004....please im me to help me or respond asap to this...:(:(:(:angry:

Bornatiger

Reaction score
Well, after about 15 attempts, I think I am done trying. I keep getting attempt failed on the OTA zip. I guess I will just wait till I get the push.
One question: When I get the OTA, Can I use Voodoo Rootkepper and keep root?

KaZo86

Reaction score
If your charging overnight the best way is to use the wall charger with your phone off. If your just waiting for it to say "battery ok" then yes have it on the wall charger in AP Fastboot. Are you sure that Matts Utility is under your c drive on your computer?

Yes, it is in the root directory of my C: drive. What I'm saying is, I haven't had a chance to actually use it. This is what my phone says in AP Fastboot.

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
0A.6C
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down

Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

It has said that since I got home. I haven't seen it say Battery OK all day. I don't mind charging it overnight, I just need to know that it's going to charge before I go to sleep. Gotta wake up at 6AM for work.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Well i fixed the frozen phone

i was getting an aborted instillation now i'm getting the error seven everyone else is.

datboiwizzie

Reaction score
KaZo86 said:
Yes, it is in the root directory of my C: drive. What I'm saying is, I haven't had a chance to actually use it. This is what my phone says in AP Fastboot.

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
0A.6C
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down

Devide is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

It has said that since I got home. I haven't seen it say Battery OK all day. I don't mind charging it overnight, I just need to know that it's going to charge before I go to sleep. Gotta wake up at 6AM for work.

That is exactly what mine said. Id suggest you let it charge overnight and while your at work. After charging that long there should be no reason for your battery to still be low.

JDunc

Reaction score
I'm having an interesting problem. I'm using Option 1 with Matt's Utility and then I reboot to recovery but it stays on the screen with the red exclamation point. Like it won't go past it. I try hitting the volume keys and power button but it doesn't do anything. Any suggestions with that?

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
matts utility just says waiting on device after i select option 2.....any ideas before my battery gets to low?

refuse2bstopped

Reaction score
Ummm... so am I like the ONLY PERSON who's home and search buttons do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING even when being long pressed after applying this ICS flash via SD card?

#edit

Okay, so I did a re-install, then a factory reset/date wipe, then "wipe cache" and this time there are no issues. All buttons are working. I swear, I've never had to work this hard for desert in my entire life.:icon_ banana:

Last edited:

Johnw

Reaction score
matts utility just says waiting on device after i select option 2.....any ideas before my battery gets to low?

Make sure you install the drivers from the Drivers folder (either 32 bit or 64 bit). Also, make sure you are using a computer that is USB 2.0 and not USB 3.0. I wasted 2 hours with Matt's utility failing because I used a newer laptop with USB 3.0 ports. After I switched to a USB 2.0, I used option #1, installed and failed, and then option #2, installed and then succeeded.

Nsane457

Reaction score
Status(7) is a system error and half the time it means that there is a modded file that is not in STOCK, if you get status (7) run Matt's utility and run option 1, it will work. Status (0) will also get fixed the same way, Matts utility, option 1..

This worked for me. I previously used v1.4 of Matt's utility. I kept getting the Status (0) problem, even after fastboot reinstall. After using v1.7, selecting option 1, and following steps (also did factory reset, but I doubt it was needed), it worked without a hitch.

Last edited: