OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
alright but how long does it take to install? it failed in about 5 minutes last time and now its been "patching preinstall files..." for about 20 minutes now. just wondering if its stuck or if its actually doing something.

RAZRuser89

Reaction score
FINALLY!!!!!! So I was finally able to use Matt's 1.7 by taking the bettery out of a friend's razr and putting into mine. I ran Matt's and unbricked then ran the ZIP again and it worked first try! Thank you everyone for the help! After 12 hours, I got it fixed!

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
After trying this update twice and having it fail i tried the new Matt's tool 1.7 to make it work

now my phone is stuck on the moto logo

i should have just been patient and waited for OTA

learn from my stupidity and wait for it to push!!!!

in the mean time if anyone knows how i can get my phone into recovery or fastboot from the moto logo that would be great

Also i can't even get it to turn off so my battery is going to be too low to program if i don't figure this out soon

KaZo86

Reaction score
Several pages back there is a post on how someone got past a.similar issue by doing a step and then connecting back to charge, then step and charge.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Please be more specific... "Several pages back" out of 35 pages doesn't narrow it down too much. Besides, I've read the entire thread, tried everything, and nothing has worked. Any more direct help would be greatly appreciated!

Empire1228

Reaction score
Alright. Ive successfully run Matts 1.7 and try to install and keep getting error 7. What am I forgetting?

I also have the new recovery this time around.

Last edited:

JDunc

Reaction score
Alright. Ive successfully run Matts 1.7 and try to install and keep getting error 7. What am I forgetting?

Don't reboot when it gives you Error 7 Simply Wipe cache > Install zip again. See if that works.

Riot813

Reaction score
Everything went over smoothy until it got to patching boot image, been stuck there for about 20 mins. Was wondering if its stuck or if this is normal.

UPDATE:

Well its been about 45 minutes and its still stuck on patching boot image. Is there anyway to power off the phone so i can get into fastboot so i can run the utility? PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:

Empire1228

Reaction score
Don't reboot when it gives you Error 7 Simply Wipe cache > Install zip again. See if that works.

I'm on my third try. Haven't done any reboots. Let's see what happens.

Well dang. Didnt even let me finish a reply. Third fail in a row.

datboiwizzie

Reaction score
KaZo86 said:
Please be more specific... "Several pages back" out of 35 pages doesn't narrow it down too much. Besides, I've read the entire thread, tried everything, and nothing has worked. Any more direct help would be greatly appreciated!

I believe he was talking about what i posted. Being that it went dead at that screen it takes FOREVER to charge! Meaning hours on hours on hours. Basically the best way to charge it is overnight. But back to the post he waa referring to...my phone soft bricked going from the first ics leak back to gb and my battery went low like yours. I had success loading the phone into fastboot and hooking it up to the charger. When the battery status changes from "battery low" to "battery ok"...unplug it and connect your phone to the computer and run the first step of Matts Utility. After the first step is complete, unplug ur phone and hook it back up to the charger. When it says "battery ok" again...hook it back up to the computer and run the next step. Just continue this until all steps are done. And make sure Matts Utility is under your c drive on your computer...mine wasnt and thats how it soft bricked

Johnw

Reaction score
I'm on my third try. Haven't done any reboots. Let's see what happens.

Well dang. Didnt even let me finish a reply. Third fail in a row.

If you are using step 1 of matts tool then try step 2 instead.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ilold

Reaction score

Make sure after running the utility to boot the phone normally and sign in to your gmail account

KaZo86

Reaction score
I believe he was talking about what i posted. Being that it went dead at that screen it takes FOREVER to charge! Meaning hours on hours on hours. Basically the best way to charge it is overnight. But back to the post he waa referring to...my phone soft bricked going from the first ics leak back to gb and my battery went low like yours. I had success loading the phone into fastboot and hooking it up to the charger. When the battery status changes from "battery low" to "battery ok"...unplug it and connect your phone to the computer and run the first step of Matts Utility. After the first step is complete, unplug ur phone and hook it back up to the charger. When it says "battery ok" again...hook it back up to the computer and run the next step. Just continue this until all steps are done. And make sure Matts Utility is under your c drive on your computer...mine wasnt and thats how it soft bricked

So you left your phone on the wall charger with it on the AP Fastboot screen? Or did you do something with BP Tools? I have Matts Utility ready whenever I have a useful charge.

Empire1228

Reaction score
If you are using step 1 of matts tool then try step 2 instead.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I just got done trying that, and it's giving the same error 7 at the same point. Hmm. Anything else to try?

And I really appreciate the help/

refuse2bstopped

Reaction score
It appears my home and search buttons aren't doing anything so now I just have to keep hitting back to get to the home screen. Do I need to reinstall or maybe try a system restore since technically ICS is already? Other than this, i'm in love with it.
Well actually I already tried long pressing both buttons for up to about 10 to 12 seconds and nothing happens. I can't believe I possibly have to hold them that long. So anyone else reading this, if you know why my home and search buttons do absolutely NOTHING now that I've flashed this OTA via sd card, PLEASE HELP!!! I swear having to use the back button to get back to the home screens is already driving me almost as crazy as I went trying to get the update flash to work itself. Any suggestions?