off brand batteries

Jimbop

Reaction score
How much luck have you bionic users had with extended batteries off from eBay? I found a battery that is a 4000 mA for $10 and figured I would ask if anyone has tried batteries like this. Thanks.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Never bought an off brand battery like that. My 2 cents is be wary of anything that cheap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are some threads about people having problems with the off brand batteries. FoxKat mentioned one that, while the label said 4000 mAh, if you peeled that off it was actually far less.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When it comes to power and electricity and all that circuitry, there's always the potential of something getting fried, and Motorola will NOT cover anything if you weren't using an OEM battery, and most cheap batteries don't come with warranties that would cover the phone had something happen.

I've always played it safe and stuck with OEM batteries. You don't wanna take the chance in ruining a nice phone with a cheap $10 battery.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
You can get the OEM extended battery (BW8X) from Verizon for $25.

OP
J

Jimbop

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice everyone. I will just go with a stock extended battery to be sure what i am getting.

deduct said:

deduct

Reaction score
Good call. Be sure to order the extended battery door too. That one I posted in that link is only $10 because that cover is not included.

-bionic eclipsed-

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The Bionic extended battery is a BW8X and comes with the extended back. I'm not sure the battery you posted fits the Bionic.

Yeah, that's for the X/X2.

OP
J

Jimbop

Reaction score
I have a proper Motorola extended battery with a new back door on the way now. I look forward to having more than 4 hours of heavier use before running to a charger. I like to play a game on my phone called Rage of Bahamut, but the thing is a data hog! Very little of the game is actually stored on the phone so the internet connection is constantly going. When i am at home, i can run wifi to save on power and charge when i need to, but running it on 4G just kills this battery quick.

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
I've got a 4000mah batteries from amazon and have been running it for around a year with no problems. I can run my phone for over 30 hours nonstop, videos, music, Internet, games. It's been great. Decal says magic mobile.
Ps. Comes with back cover too.

RUNNING the latest and greatest ICS 247.