# OF RINGS>>> verizon says/motorola says..

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by me Jane, Jan 25, 2010.

1. me Jane

me Jane New Member

moto droid goes to vmail 2 quickly. verizon wireless says they can't change # of rings...to call motorola. motorola says that verizon requested a default of 20 seconds of ringing B4 going to vmail...& they can't change it...they said talk to verizon!
    sooo...NO OPTION 2 change # of rings? ....can't be true??? or...could this be in an upcoming update???:icon_ devil:
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

That can't be right, and I'll explain why. I can create ringtones and have them last at least 30 seconds before my phone goes to voice mail.

This would be a Verizon issue. Call and speak to another rep and see what they say. Tell them you know someone with a Droid that gets 30 seconds of rings.

I seem to remember that with regular rings it was 4 rings you had to answer but I'm not certain. Anyway play CSR roulette. See if you can't get a better answer.

Oh and welcome to the forum. Just noticed this is your first post. :)
  3. me Jane

me Jane New Member

shouldn't b this hard...

thnx!!! i will try verizon again! i found this same complaint all over other forums...with no answer...no way to change in voicemail administrative functions and no way to change on the phone itself. maybe it has something to do with the type of ringtones we use...who knows. THNX 4 THE RESPONSE :)...not giving up...
  4. Spectral

Spectral New Member

If I remember correctly there is not a way to manually change the length of the ring.
  5. sos567656765

sos567656765 New Member

This is a Verizon issue. I have been able to get them to change the default.You just have to keep trying until you get a rep willing to help you.

6. gaiam

gaiam New Member

The verizon rep I talked to about this problem said they could adjust it but only in my "home area". My phone number originated in Massachusetts but I live in Alaska. That's no help! Anyone get them to adjust the number of rings outside of your "home area" (area code). They also said that as soon as I left my home area (if I was in it), it would revert back to the default 20 seconds. Any thoughts?
    Cheers,
    Gaia
  7. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Its an issue of both.

Its an issue with the polling time the phone checks in with a tower. Its a Verizon issue, because there is automatically a delay in getting a call...its been ringing at least once or twice for the person calling you before your phone begins to ring. its alos a Verizon issue because they chose the et amount of time before a call gets sent to vm. Its a Motorola issue because they did not provide a way to adjust the polling rate on the phone, and even if they had, they wouldn't tell you how to do it because it would be in the service programming menu.

Polling isn't really the correct term, I just can't think of the official setting that controls this. I've only seen it on feature phones anyway.
Search tags for this page
android changing number of rings
android how to set number of rings verizon
can i change the number of rings on my motorola phone
can you change the number of rings on a droid
change number of rings before voicemail verizon wireless
change number of rings on droid dna
change number of rings on my droid
droid bionic decrease rings to voicemail
the verizon phone only rimgs for 20 seconds
verizon phone only rings for 20 seconds

verizon phone rings for 20 seconds