# of rings before going to VM

timrock

Reaction score
is it possible to set the number of times your phone should ring before it goes to voice mail? how do i set this up? thanks.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only way I knew of that this was possible on the Droid 1 was to do some editing in the build.prop, chances are it is the same thing

jloya

Reaction score
^^^^ I would like to know as well, i feel like it only rings for a short time before going to VM

must have posted at the same time as you tparker as while i was typing my comment yours was not shown

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This works on a rooted droid 1

Within Root Explorer navigate to system and longpress on build.prop

Select "open in text editor"

Find the line ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=3000

You can change this line to anything, even "0" the lower the number the lower the delay

I have changed mine to zero before and the least amount of rings I ended up with was three

A reboot will be necessary for these changes to take place and as I said I have only done this on a Droid 1 not a DX

chikibabe

Reaction score
This doesn't seem to make a difference...5 rings both times.

Within Root Explorer navigate to system and longpress on build.prop

Select "open in text editor"

Find the line ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=3000

You can change this line to anything, even "0" the lower the number the lower the delay

I have changed mine to zero before and the least amount of rings I ended up with was three

A reboot will be necessary for these changes to take place and as I said I have only done this on a Droid 1 not a DX

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am sorry, this is for the number of times it will ring in the callers ear before your device will ring...oops :)

Sometimes I feel like my Droid 1...so much information, so little memory