[Odin] Full EB01 Froyo leak, packaged ROMs w/root and new clockwork **UPDATED**2/11

dugjones

Reaction score
That im not 100% on as I have never used that particular SC ODIN file....give it a try....worst thing that can happen is you ODIN the other file if something messes up

Well, I installed the SC2.9 that doesn't wipe data and it appeared to work but everything looks the same (except I lost a widget -- no big deal). Is there a way I can verify I am on SC2.9 now?

Pull Down notification bar.

Sent from my SC'd NitroHC V.2 Fascinate

It says SC2.9. I realized it must have worked as I noticed a couple of icons and other things changed slightly. It is working well. Thanks!

dugjones

Reaction score
is it really worth getting SC 2.9? losing all the touchwiz features that i really love.

If that is a serious question I will just say that I wish I had done it sooner. At first I loved my phone but then it really started slowing down. It got to the point I found myself swiping several times on the screen before it moved or hitting a button 2 or 3 times before it worked. The thing that sealed it for me was that after one of the updates the swype feature got horrendous. It would consistently print bizarre words for the things I was trying to spell. Now it is all running great again!

GollyJer

Reaction score
I'm loving 2.9 and the ability to update via these packages with Odin. Thanks TAPOUT27 for all the :lifting: .

I'd really like to get to 2.9.1 for the GPS fixes, but am having a hard time getting anywhere but to the blue recovery.

Each of the downloads in this thread state EB01/EB16 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod. Doesn't that mean Red Recovery should be built in? I expected to be able to hold down the power button and select "Recovery" to get to Red. As it stands I get to blue, and applying update.zip gets me right back to blue. The same thing happens if I boot to recovery by hand (hold volume up & down at the same time while powering up).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

millwood

Reaction score
I'm loving 2.9 and the ability to update via these packages with Odin. Thanks TAPOUT27 for all the :lifting: .

I'd really like to get to 2.9.1 for the GPS fixes, but am having a hard time getting anywhere but to the blue recovery.

Each of the downloads in this thread state EB01/EB16 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod. Doesn't that mean Red Recovery should be built in? I expected to be able to hold down the power button and select "Recovery" to get to Red. As it stands I get to blue, and applying update.zip gets me right back to blue. The same thing happens if I boot to recovery by hand (hold volume up & down at the same time while powering up).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Try downloading the update.zip file again and placing it back on the card. You should have no problem getting into red by applying it. It is possible it got damaged or replaced somehow with the older blue version.

GollyJer

Reaction score
Yup. That was it. I reapplied red recovery via odin and was able to boot to it no problem. Thanks millwood.

spazem

Reaction score
Can u help it wont let me install rom. I put update.zip on sdcard and went recovery and it keeps aborting due to signature.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can u help it wont let me install rom. I put update.zip on sdcard and went recovery and it keeps aborting due to signature.

the update.zip isnt used for anything other than booting into red CWMR if you end up in blue stock recovery after you ODIN the SC file of your choice in the OP.....Have you done that?

wessiide

Reaction score
Thank you whoever made this thread you are amazing I now have debloated froyo and it was more pain free then I had originally thought it'd be. Yay for froyo on my fascinate screw verizon!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

androidfreak

Reaction score
Got my phone a month ago. After playing around with it, was disappointed that the newer upgrade was taking so long to get realeased. I found this site and have been lurking around. I rooted my phone last week and got so much more out of it. Then I started to think about getting Froyo. I took the plunge today and it took me about 15 minutes to do (really long reboot time). Holy cow! I am really liking it. Thanks to TapOut for posting this stuff. It was so easy. Just had to say thanks. I now have an an unofficial Fascinate, and I don't care! Bravo!

warddman

Reaction score
thank you

thank you to a newbie that spent all day trying to get froyo. one i found this thread it took all of 20 min to complete..... running like a swiss clock. thans again.....

Reaction score
Question

My DROID X is doing just fine with Gummy Jar (fantastic actually as soon as somebody ports the speed dial function from stock 2.2.1 Froyo as I used it very often). Great battery life in spite of being clocked @1.35ghz. Even got VVM.

However, my wife's phone needs a little more help. Stock EB01 has been absolutely horrific on her battery. Surprised it hasn't just crapped out instead.

The battery is in sync and has been going dead in 8-10 hours with little to no use, screen off, no active widgets, little gps use. Couldnt part with data sync being temporarily disabled so....

I want to move on to SC 2.5 or SC 2.8 (2.9 and 2.9.1 is a bit scary for me). so coming from Stock 2.2 to one of the SC using Odin, is there anything I should know before reinstalling or anything I may want to consider between the two?

Input is very much appreciated!

-Surge

k rock

Reaction score
2.9/2. 9.1 are the most stable and quickest. Battery life is bad for almost everybody. Go herereadthis!

Sent from my SC'd VA Green Fascinate

ziggy484

Reaction score
So i finally went for the SC 2.9 odin, love it, and so far none of the issues ive heard about (fingers crossed). Can anyone suggest a gingerbread or honeycomb theme that runs nice with this?

Sent via Superclean Fascinate

k rock

Reaction score
So i finally went for the SC 2.9 odin, love it, and so far none of the issues ive heard about (fingers crossed). Can anyone suggest a gingerbread or honeycomb theme that runs nice with this?

themes

ziggy484

Reaction score

themes

Yeah Ive seen that page, are all themes that say for froyo compatible with superclean? I was hoping more for a suggestion from someone that has or is running one with 2.9, i havent seen anyone with a signature referriny to 2.9 and a gingerbread theme.