Odds on the bootloader being unlocked?

Haloman800

Reaction score
Apparently the bootloader is locked with S-on..

The unlocked bootloader everyone said it would have was the main selling point for me...

Do you think it'll be unlocked, and if so how long?

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Of course the bootloader is locked, there's a difference between locked and encrypted though. Phones like the dx and d2 have encrypted bootloaders meaning they can be unlocked to load custom roms based off of the stock Rom but are unable to change the kernel image making true aosp roms impossible. The tb won't be this way. Permanent root has already been achieved, we're just waiting for them to finish with the custom recovery. HTC phones are notoriously easy to root and I'm sure the tb is no different.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

sportadic22

Reaction score
Can't wait :). Wanna get rid of some loaded Apps

sent from God on a Thunderbolt :)

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
RELAX!

TeamAndIRC ✔ Justin Case
Do not worry about locked bootloaders on the thunderbolt. Don't return your phone. New root method in morning.

just a bit ago on twitter, its only been 2 days and barely 2 days even.

locked is alot different than encrypted like the x and d2.

asianrage

Reaction score
RELAX!

TeamAndIRC ✔ Justin Case
Do not worry about locked bootloaders on the thunderbolt. Don't return your phone. New root method in morning.

just a bit ago on twitter, its only been 2 days and barely 2 days even.

locked is alot different than encrypted like the x and d2.

Yay! Thanks for the info.

asianrage

Reaction score
Of course the bootloader is locked, there's a difference between locked and encrypted though. Phones like the dx and d2 have encrypted bootloaders meaning they can be unlocked to load custom roms based off of the stock Rom but are unable to change the kernel image making true aosp roms impossible. The tb won't be this way. Permanent root has already been achieved, we're just waiting for them to finish with the custom recovery. HTC phones are notoriously easy to root and I'm sure the tb is no different.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Good to know. I'm looking forward to getting rid of the bloatware and reclaim some of that 8GB of internal storage.