Oddest thing:

Duke of Advil

Reaction score
My phone keeps locking up and forcing closed whenever I type the word "th@t" (replace the @ with the letter "a". Does anyone have any ideas about what is going on? This happens when I am txting, posting on any forums and even on Facebook. Help!

skruid

Reaction score
Ifbyou are root you could clearing cache, or force stopping ime app, or pulling battery for 30 seconds and popping back in and starting it up

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Buggy

Reaction score
By phone locks up and causes me to have to force close when I type the word "so" when text messaging

OP
Duke of Advil

Duke of Advil

Reaction score
Tried a battery pull with no luck. Also found a second word I cannot type without locking up, "u$e". (replace $ with s)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go to settings/Language&Keyboard and see what is the keyboard you are using. Then go to Manage Applications/All and scroll down to that keyboard and first press the Force Close button and see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn't, the go back and select the Clear Data button. You will then have to go back to Language&Keyboard and re-enter your preferences for your keyboard settings.

If this doesn't work, download a different keyboard from the market and try that.

OP
Duke of Advil

Duke of Advil

Reaction score
Go to settings/Language&Keyboard and see what is the keyboard you are using. Then go to Manage Applications/All and scroll down to that keyboard and first press the Force Close button and see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn't, the go back and select the Clear Data button. You will then have to go back to Language&Keyboard and re-enter your preferences for your keyboard settings.

If this doesn't work, download a different keyboard from the market and try that.
THANKS!!!!! after messing with this, the clear button option worked.