Odd shutdown and start up behavior after update is killing my battery

mikered30

Reaction score
Greetings all,

After I got my update to 2.3.4 on my Incredible I noticed that it does not fully shutdown and start up like it used to. It boots up in about 4 seconds and shutsdown in 2 seconds. Previously it took 5 times that long. After I turn it on, I can go on the internet and view the last page I was viewing, and in the past it went to my homepage (google) and currently I can also view my other internet windows I previously had open prior to shutting it down after I turn it on. I believe this problem of not fully shutting down is messing with the phone, it is acting quirky and as a result I am burning though my extended battery in 3/4 of a day, in the past it would last two days. It almost seems like the phone is going into hibernation mode and not fully shutting down and rebooting correctly. On restarts sometimes I can see my home page from the previous night at the time when I shut it down, this flashes about one second after I turn it on. Sometimes the phone loads the red page that has all the specifications of the phone and sometimes it doesn't, ditto for the droid announcement voice. I tried the battery pull and the new restart function to no avail. I really don't want to do a factory reset, but this update is killing my battery. Can an update be rolled back or is there anything else I can try? Phone is not rooted.

TIA

Timar99

Reaction score
is this a rooted update or official?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums