Odd occurence

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Has anybody else notice an odd "issue?" where your battery percentage actually goes up?!

I've had it happen a few times. My phone is at X%, then I don't use my phone for say 20 minutes and check again and it is at 58%???

Maybe it is just my battery calibrating or something, but never saw something like that on a phone!

ice456789

Reaction score
From my understanding the battery only actually tells the phone how much juice it has left in 10% increments. So when your phone says you have 54%, the last real info it had from your battery is that it is at 60% and dropping, so your phone is just guessing based on your usage how fast it is dropping until you hit 50%. If you were using it heavily the last time it polled the battery then it would estimate your battery draining quickly and drop your percentage faster, but if you stop using it heavily and put it in your pocket then the next time it polls the battery and the bat still says 60%, your phone will re-adjust to make that number make sense so it may go up a percentage or two. It does not mean your battery has more charge, just that the phone is adjusting its battery estimate based on your changed usage.

OP
B

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Oh, that makes perfect sense! Ah well, thought maybe the battery gods had mercy upon my Nexus and were giving him some extra life today :p