Odd News & Weather Screen?

hellooldchap42

Reaction score
I have a question for anyone who knows the answer.... I picked up my phone today off the counter, where it was laying face down with the screen off. (I have a Motorola Droid 1, btw) I pushed the button on the top to turn on the screen, and to my surprise, instead of the unlock screen, I saw some news and weather screen with my wallpaper in the background as though the screen were transparent. Any idea what I did or how? I kinda like that. Also, can I set that as my default screen when I open my phone like that?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting! I have no idea what chain of events may have caused the display to change. It almost seems like you bypassed the unlock and got to your weather widget.

OP
H

hellooldchap42

Reaction score
I tried putting the weather widget on the screen and it didn't look like that... This "widget" filled the whole screen. The only app I have for some thing like that is the News & Weather default app.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow! This is very interesting. I'll keep watching and if you do not get additional replies I will move to another section.

Mike

chrisofer

Reaction score
It's the new 'Clock' screen.

GO to your app drawer and click on Clock. At least in 2.2 anyways, that's when I noticed it.