Odd issues with my Moto Droid (original)--is she a goner?

mizterMITB

Reaction score
Greetings all--

While I'm new to posting on the site, I've often used it to troubleshoot my Droid issues based on others' posts. So thanks for your assistance past, present, and future.

Ok...so just a few days ago, I have had issues with my gmail on my droid. I get notification of an email, go in to check it, and all I get is a blank screen that flashes after a few seconds and it takes me back to my inbox. I can never read the body of my emails. Then problems began to spread to the point that I could not access any websites on the stock browser. It would seem like it's loading, then just gets stuck and never pulls up the page. This occurs on both 3G and wi-fi.

So I go into Verizon and get the advice to try a factory reset. Before trying, I downloaded a couple other browsers (Miren and Dolphin HD) to see if it was the stock browser. None of them worked. The odd things is that my Facebook and Twitter feeds would update like normal, so it's not like I wasn't receiving data.

So I tried the factory reset last night. Things went fine getting the phone booted up again...but the issues with gmail and internet browsing remained. I've tried searches online, and can't really think of other avenues to explore. I really want to hold-out and get the Bionic...but it seems my Droid is forcing my hand. Any other ideas to restore order to my phone, or am I looking at some major hardware issue that can't be resolved?

Thank you again, and sorry for the LONG post :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately if you tried a factory data reset and that didn't work it sounds like it's on it's way out. Are you out of warranty? If you're still in your year you can get a refurb replacement.

OP
M

mizterMITB

Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately if you tried a factory data reset and that didn't work it sounds like it's on it's way out. Are you out of warranty? If you're still in your year you can get a refurb replacement.

No, unfortunately I have had my Droid for over one year. Do you know if me paying $5 or $6 a month for insurance on my phone helps me because I am now forced into buying a replacement earlier than I wanted due to this phone failing?

sforsyth01

Reaction score
Yes, you paying the monthly fee for the insurance should get you a replacement phone (you will have to pay the deductible of like 50 bucks or something) and that will leave your upgrade in tact for you to get the Bionic.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App