1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Odd experience with the ultra low voltage kernels

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by masterdeluxe247, Jun 14, 2010.

1. masterdeluxe247

masterdeluxe247 New Member

So I first tried the 1ghz kernel and it would have random reboots but then just for the hell of it I tried the 1.25 ghz kernel and its been working perfectly! I just don't get why the higher kernel would work but not the lower one. Does anybody have an explanation?
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Were you running the same clock speed in both kernels? If so .. that would be weird
  3. krazyrunner86

krazyrunner86 New Member

Yea, that's really odd. Usually the random reboots and fc's are due to your processor not being able to handle the higher clock speed and producing unexpected errors for the os. I can't imagine why the higher speed would actually run more stable, but hey, I wouldn't complain.

That's worth a :icon_ banana:
  4. xCaldazar

xCaldazar New Member

I was stuck running 600Mhz for a while, everything else would constant restart. Once 2.2 came out I been running 1.25Ghz with no problem. Both were builds from Pete. Must be something more than just clock speed and processor's ability to handle it involved I figure.
  5. crabs

crabs New Member

Same as this fine sir.