Odd bug...messaging force closing when typing 'ka'

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by droidfannd, Jan 12, 2010.

1. droidfannd

droidfannd New Member

I thought I'd share an interesting bug I dealt with today, as my first post here at the Forum.

Since receiving more DROID in mid November, I continuously had a problem with the messaging app force closing any time I would type the first few letters of a friend's name in the address bar.

Her name is Kat, and it would always force close when I type the k, the a, and then...well it would crash.

I deleted the contact...re added her...no joy.

I found that if I changed her first name in her contact entry to Lucy, Julia, etc...I could enter her new fake name without difficulties.

Today, I spent 10 minutes on chat with a Motorola tech person...who finally told me I could just send my phone in for them to examine. Since I wasn't really interested in being without my phone for several weeks...I passed.

I called Verizon and the CSR that I spoke to had her DROID in front of her and had no problems texting any of her numerous friends with names beginning w/ k and a...so she suggested I do a hard reset.

I did...and the problem is solved.

Amazingly, my phone even re-installed every application I'd had before the reset. It took a few minutes...but they all gradually reappeared as the phone re-synced and set itself back up.

Not really sure if anyone else has had a similar issue...but if they had, I hope this might help.
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Glad the problem went away for ya....but Weird...
  3. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Odd indeed....
  4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

There's a lot of words you can spell with using ka. :icon_ banana: