odd battery issue

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by rabbitfoot, Mar 20, 2011.

1. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot Member

Ratings:
    +2
    so a while back, i was having issues with my battery on 5.0.x where my charge would drop from 90 to 50, down to 20 then empty, rapidly (like in a few minutes).

so i erased my battery stats and in a few days was getting great battery life again.

now, i'm getting another weird problem. my phone will drop rapidly down to about 15%, then when i connect a charger it goes right back up to 70%. anybody know what that is? it's annoying because when it drops down low enough, it shuts down.then when i plug it in, the battery life is suddenly back up and all is well.

best,
    rf

2. Force1stiptopped

Ratings:
    +0
    Having this same issue.. anyone else..? Fixes?

Already wiped bat stats

3. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot Member

Ratings:
    +2
    this is everyday for me. tom cruise is running around here yelling "i wanna wake up! tech support! it's a nightmare! tech support! tech support!"

:)

thank you!

best,
    rf

4. fredm74

fredm74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is happening to me on the PE 4.2 ROM as well. Very odd. I've been seeing the 50%-20% drop on most ROMs lately, I was having the same issue with Bugless Beast before switching to Project Elite.

5. jonny6pak

jonny6pak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You need a new battery--it's not the ROM. I had the same problem and I replaced it with this battery: Amazon.com: Anker Cell Phone Standard Li-ion Battery for Motorola Droid A950, Droid A855, Droid 2, Droid I1, DEXT MB200, PRO A957, CLIQ XT610 - 1300mAh - White: Electronics

I charged the battery to full, then I didn't charge it again until the phone was dead (repeated 5 times). I'm holding charges for over a day now. I never had that kind of performance.

6. gsDroid

gsDroid Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree about the battery needing to be replaced. I have a spare battery which I rarely used. When I started having similar symptoms mentioned above, I swapped out my original battery for the newer one and after depleting, wiping battery stats, and recharging, the problems stopped.

7. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I disagree on it being the battery. A lot of the roms and kernels lately have this issue. For this reason I too, switched away from bugless to PE, but that just turned out to be an excellent choice :)

I know for a fact this isn't physically battery related because I regularly swap two batteries due to my usage habits and it plagues the old and new battery. The only post that seems like it could be battery related is the op, only because of the charging issues. The rest are the same problem I've experienced as well. Its something with the ASOP builds.

Also OP, check amazon for new batteries, I purchased a legit motorola battery from there for $2 with $2 shipping. Another $10 for the official battery charger. Freaking steal!

Sent from my D1 running Project Elite 5.02

8. chained22

chained22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know its not a battery issue, I have a new battery in my phone and have reset battery stats and still have this issue

sent using my finger on my touchscreen on my Droid 1

9. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot Member

Ratings:
    +2
    good looking. i'll look into it. thanks!

best,
    rf

10. parker34

parker34 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Been seeing this issue with my phone on 4.2 the past few days...was getting outstanding battery life earlier than that. however, today it went from 50% to 20% in 15 minutes and I checked my usage and cell standby was at 50%... weird :blink: ...when it got down to 5% I plugged it into my charger, and after five minutes or so it was back up 70%

11. Smitty258

Smitty258 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same kind of odd battery issues since switching to PE. All seemed to be fine for the first week or so, then my battery started dying quickly. Is there a way I can recondition the battery before I go buying a new one?

Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

12. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot Member

Ratings:
    +2
    just so we're all addressing the same issue here, is everybody getting the first, second, or third situation?

situation 1) rapid drops in battery usually when the screen is turned on (like 90, 70, 50, 30 in less than a few minutes)

situation 2) when the battery reports low readings (sub-30) then is plugged in, the battery reports a much higher reading (for me, it's about 60 or 70).

situation 3) both

the 1st situation i cleared up by wiping battery stats and waiting a couple of days. it was fine for weeks, then the 2nd situation suddenly appeared occasionally bringing the 1st situation with it.

thanks!

best,
    rf

Search tags for this page

droid bionic battery issue

droid bionic battery problems