OC'ing Droid 1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dxm765, Sep 22, 2010.

1. dxm765

dxm765 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So i have rooted my droid,replaces the kernel with "slayher_7x900LV_v1.6" and installed ShadowROM v0.0.1-Sholes. How or what do i need to OC my Droid? I looked in the shadowROM settings and it says i need a Overclocking kernel where can i find one/download one. Any help is much appreciated it,thank you for your time.

2. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +326
    The slayher kernel is an OC kernel. If you installed it first you need to reinstall it as the ROM will install with whatever kernel it is packaged with.

3. dxm765

dxm765 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have rom manager can i use that,or reboot hold X n do it that way?

4. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +326
    Either way should get the job done.

5. dxm765

dxm765 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok think this is the last thing,i installed the slayer kernel again and it wiped my data,pretty sure it was supposed to do that,no on the shadowrom thread it says that the slayer kernel is a addon,how do i make it a addon or is their a way for me to keep my data and have that slayer kernel?

Scratch that,figured it out,but the higher Mhz it says it will reach is 900,any way i can get higher as i've seen people with 1.25Ghz and such.

6. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The kernel has the cpu "slots" programmed into it. The slots define what speeds the kernel can run at.

Your current kernel is: slayher_7x900LV_v1.6

Slayher is the developer that configured and compiled it
    7x is the number of frequency slots (7)
    900 is the maximum speed
    LV stands for Low Voltage (saves power)
    1.6 is his own numbering scheme so you can keep track of various revisions of the configuration.

So what you need to do to get a higher speed is pick a different kernel with a higher maximum speed if you want to go faster than that. You also need to make sure you are using SetCPU or a similar app to actually set your maximum speed - otherwise you might be running at 550 or 600. SetCPU can be found on the market or in the xda forums.

I recommend P3Droid kernels because they are easy to find and well organized (and they work well).
    P3Droid Kernels

Pick Android 2.2 and either Standard or Low Voltage, and then pick what speed you want. The max I see there is 1.25Ghz, but you may be limited by your hardware. Be careful overclocking, as it will reduce battery life and may cause overheating (which can easily cause data corruption and physical damage).

7. dxm765

dxm765 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,thank you for the reply,i went with ChevyNo1-1.25Ghz-ulowV-7slot and i have it at 1Ghz for the time being and i couldnt b happier...for the time being,lol i will give P3Droid a look tho,thank you.