Occasionally Can't Answer/Place Call

DigitalAngel

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I apologize if this was addressed elsewhere, but I couldn't find a previous thread about this.

About once a day, I can't answer or place a call. My phone rings and it appears to answer fine but I can't hear the other person and they can't hear me. If I try to place a call, it dials and appears to connect but same situation. If I reboot my phone it starts working again.

Anyone else have this issue?

OP
D

DigitalAngel

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is an issue with the headphone jack. The sound cuts in/out if I listen to music (loose connection), and I think maybe sometimes the phone thinks headphones are in even if they are not. Seeing how many headphone jack issues I'm seeing here, I wouldn't be surprised.

Kerchak

Reaction score
Yes this happens to everyone every here and there, but like the above poster said, it's a headphone issue. When this happens to me, as soon as I see that the timer is running on my phone but cant hear the phone dialing or the other person talking, I quickly switch it over to speaker phone. It's a lot better than losing the call. Unless you're in a public place trying to take a private call. I believe the other person can still hear you so just let them know that you'll call them back and try again later. As far as I know though, this issue still has no real solution. We'll just have to deal with it until then.

Ziffy

Reaction score
This happens to me a LOT! I wish this thread wouldn't go away, and somebody would have a legitimate answer to it. It is a PHONE! It should AT LEAST operate PHONE functions! For the people that are going to flame me for complaining...SCREW YOU! It is a valid complaint. Go back to your Super Nintendo Forum to Flame! We are all Droid owners here....uugghh.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This happens to me a LOT! I wish this thread wouldn't go away, and somebody would have a legitimate answer to it. It is a PHONE! It should AT LEAST operate PHONE functions! For the people that are going to flame me for complaining...SCREW YOU! It is a valid complaint. Go back to your Super Nintendo Forum to Flame! We are all Droid owners here....uugghh.

Dude, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? I already responded to another one of your post in another thread. I'm sorry to disappoint you but we are not a thread that goes around flaming people. Why you think this is beyond me, if it has happened to you it certainly wasn't done by anybody that's been around here for a while. We try to make this forum different and we welcome new people and we do offer help. But you really need to take away some of the attitude here. I'm willing to give you another chance, give the forum one too.

Ziffy

Reaction score
I think I may have woken up on the wrong side of the bed...sorry about that. It is sometimes frustrating though when you go to a site that was created to find answers, and get nothing but grief. I appreciate the help with some of these problems, and perhaps I am a little short because I came from Sprint...where I had no problems...and now it's nothing but problems. I don't get it. I'm smack dab in the middle of Verizon's RED map...but yet I can't get through a call to save my life. Perhaps that is what is troubling me the most...it's my only phone...and I may need it to literally save my life.

Ultimately I want to know if others are experiencing the problems so I know if it is a physical problem with my phone. I'm past the 30 day window of returning it...but I do pay monthly insurance. I'm just wondering how easy it would be to submit a claim over something that is so intermittent.

Regardless...thanks for helping us with the madness!

Please accept this dancing banana as a token of my appreciation..:icon_ banana:

Z

smd12

Reaction score
i think this has to do with listening to music player and pulling the headphones out while audio is playing. so if you are listening to audio stop (pause) it first then remove headphones.

this is my best guess