occasional wild scrolling after a screen tap.

rednukleus

Reaction score
Quite often, when I tap a link in the browser, or a category in Settings, the screen will scroll down wildly instead of executing the tap. It is as if I touched two fingers to the screen and let them go one at a time, but I promise I am not accidentally doing any such thing. It happens often enough to be a real problem. Am I alone with this problem?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
no you're not alone...mine gets wilder than a ...ermmm nevermind lol

masterxchief

Reaction score
Happens to me all the time, very annoying. Whats worse is that I miss the link I'm trying to touch like 75% of the time even if it doesn't scroll. Stupid thumbs :mad:

IcyDroid

Reaction score
No moisture/sweat on your finger? It does weird things to the touch screen if you have any of those too. Oh, and also if you come in from real cold weather and your fingers are really cold.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I get this every now and again....not a HUGE problem for me, but aggravating when it does happen...

OyVOid

Reaction score
Happens to me all the time, very annoying. Whats worse is that I miss the link I'm trying to touch like 75% of the time even if it doesn't scroll. Stupid thumbs :mad:

I don't think it is just your thumbs. I get that too. It's selects the one below or above whatever I touch. Soooooo annoying! My touch screen is overly sensitive. Sometimes it zooms in and out when I am about to select something. It drives me bonkers. :icon_eek:

masterxchief

Reaction score
I don't think it is just your thumbs. I get that too. It's selects the one below or above whatever I touch. Soooooo annoying! My touch screen is overly sensitive. Sometimes it zooms in and out when I am about to select something. It drives me bonkers. :icon_eek:

Good to know its not just me. Hopefully a software update can fix the issue.

M

Matth3w

Happens all the time for me as well. No fix. Don't listen to people that tell you it's your fault, my G1 did this too from the day it came out...

Hell, sometimes I'll go to type in a quick reply text box and it will scroll UP to the middle of the page EVERY time I have to type.

OP
rednukleus

rednukleus

Reaction score
Thanks folks. Moisten your thumb and tap slow and steady. Tricky.

cplus

Reaction score
I've had two DROIDS. The first was returned for having big pink splotches in the center of photos. I NEVER had this happen with my first one but it happens occassionally with the second one. Maybe I didn't use the first one long enough to experience the problem.. anyway, my second still takes pictures with big pink splotches in the middle.