OC and Wifi tether questions

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kmikey, Feb 23, 2010.

1. kmikey

kmikey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have rooted my droid, installed busybox, flash_image, Flash 99.0b recovery, ChevyNo1's 10 Slot 1.2 GHz, then wireless_tether2.0 pre6.apk. And droidrootpro, setcpu, and terminal emulator apps.

I have it OC at 950mghz. After I did that I installed the wireless tether package, and now my wifi will no turn on, and it doesn't tether either.

Also how do I unistall chevy? I want to use DroidMod

Thanks and please get back to me soon! Mike

2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    You've been busy!

I. I was never able to get the wifi app pre6 to work on my droid. I did not try to troubleshoot it because pre4 and pre5 both worked for me. I would suggest that you uninstall pre6 and install pre5. I think that will fix your wifi.

[FONT=&quot]http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

2. Update your sprecovery to 99.3 AllDroid - View topic - *UPDATE* SirPsycho's Recovery 0.99.2b - 0.99.3b

3. I don't think you have to do anything with chevy's kernel. Just install the droidmod rom. It will have it's own kernel. DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does.

Good luck

3. kmikey

kmikey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well I have uninstalled the wifi tether and my actual wifi still doesn't work. Like when I go to setting and click on wireless & networks, then click on wi-fi to turn it on and below Wi-Fi it says unable to start Wi-Fi. And what do you recommend for rom? I have bugless beast and beauty, and Koush/Cyanogenmod on the droidrootpro app. Which one do you recommend or do I need one or is there another one that's better? Thanks btw! Mike

4. r-dubya

r-dubya Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Personaly i like Sholes errrrr i mean Droid mod :) But BB is a great ROM as well. sholes 2.0.6 is what i am running right now, although i think 2.0.5 was more stable for me, i might just reflash that one. I keep 4 or 5 ROMS on my SD card as i get bored from time to time and like to switch things up a bit....

5. kmikey

kmikey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I downloaded droidmod 1.0

6. kmikey

kmikey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I downloaded droidmod 1.0. And the wifi tether pre4. And it won't tether. Do I need to edit the setting and what are they?

7. prowakeskater

prowakeskater Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to know if anyone has been able to get around the droidmod tethering issue. I have been using 1.0 for the past few days, have been very happy with my MetaMorph, and literally NO FC's, but I am experiencing some random problems.

So, rather than starting a new thread, I would like to cover this issue here.

Any help is appreciated!

Search tags for this page

99.0b recovery flash

flash 99.0b recovery

how to gettether oc from android to oc
oc5 wifi tether