Obvious batt save.....

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
Furthermore, apps like Quick Settings and SwitchPro allow you to turn off 3g altogether, which saves a large amount of battery. I usually leave 3g off during school then turn it on when I get out, and I usually have 80-90% by the time I go to bed.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Remember the manual suggests to leave the phone plugged in when you aren't using it, they know the battery will drain.

cece5702

Reaction score
Hmmm is it easier to just use the background data and sync options rather than downloading another app? Especially if I can't save it to SD card?
Furthermore, apps like Quick Settings and SwitchPro allow you to turn off 3g altogether, which saves a large amount of battery. I usually leave 3g off during school then turn it on when I get out, and I usually have 80-90% by the time I go to bed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

cece5702

Reaction score
Leave the phone plugged in when not in use? Even if its fully charged?
Remember the manual suggests to leave the phone plugged in when you aren't using it, they know the battery will drain.

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
Hmmm is it easier to just use the background data and sync options rather than downloading another app? Especially if I can't save it to SD card?

Not in my opinion, because the way SwitchPro gets set up it's all right there on the homescreen and you don't have to go through all the menus. (See screenshot)

View attachment 29452

cece5702

Reaction score
Oh I see! Ok I have a stupid question but if I turn off 3g than I wont be able to surf the net and watch videos correct?

Not in my opinion, because the way SwitchPro gets set up it's all right there on the homescreen and you don't have to go through all the menus. (See screenshot)

View attachment 29452

Sent from my Droid

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
Oh I see! Ok I have a stupid question but if I turn off 3g than I wont be able to surf the net and watch videos correct?

Yes that is correct. It isn't much of an inconvenience since you can reactivate it rather quickly

jimmerz

Reaction score
I just think it is ridiculous to get a smart phone, pay large amounts of money each month and not be able to use it for a full day...

I laugh at electric cars. If they can't run a freakin phone for 12 hours good luck with a car thats worth anything.

I have chargers every where and I think it sucks that I need to do that!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
I just think it is ridiculous to get a smart phone, pay large amounts of money each month and not be able to use it for a full day...

I laugh at electric cars. If they can't run a freakin phone for 12 hours good luck with a car thats worth anything.

I can indeed use my phone for a whole day, or multiple days at that, but saving battery life just ensures more use.

And speaking of electric cars...the Volt can go 400 miles before it needs to be recharged/refueled...

jimmerz

Reaction score

I can indeed use my phone for a whole day, or multiple days at that, but saving battery life just ensures more use.

And speaking of electric cars...the Volt can go 400 miles before it needs to be recharged/refueled...

I guess if you turn off all the stuff that makes the phone smart and just use it as a phone...

As for the volt, not really an electric car. Also I haven't actually seen any on the road yet, we'll see how it truly performs.

Goodlefeed

Reaction score

I guess if you turn off all the stuff that makes the phone smart and just use it as a phone...

As for the volt, not really an electric car. Also I haven't actually seen any on the road yet, we'll see how it truly performs.

I agree with that. & I apologize if my last post sounded offensive, it wasn't meant to be. :)

Swyped on my Droid X using the Droid Forums App!

jimmerz

Reaction score
It didn't sound offensive.

I have a samsung fascinate, love the phone but the battery does not last long, at least for me. I have chargers at home in the car and in my office. That was my work around. I was just hoping to get a phone with a great battery life, and still be able to use it.

Someday...

droidlady05

Reaction score
Have you looked into getting an extended life battery? I don't have one, because I'm always near a charger. I might consider one if I knew a power source wouldn't be available all the time.