Obtaining IP Adrress

tyebious

Reaction score
Hey can anyone help me out with this? About a year ago, I bought a Motorola Droid on Verizon. Everything worked perfectly. I could connect to my Belkin router and any other wifi fine. Then around the time Froyo came out, I lost the ability to connect to my Belkin router. I go to McDonalds, I can connect. Library, no problem. Any router except my Belkin. I have changed all the security settings in my router around multiple times. I've gone from WEP to WPA/WPA2 PSK to MAC Filtering. I even rooted my phone and installed CyanogenMod. No matter what I change, my phone just says "scanning" then "Obtaining IP address of my router" and then disconnects. It does this over and over then says my router is disabled. I am totally stumped as to why I can't connect to my router. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Never happened to me and i'm sorry if i'll suggest things you may have tried but here is what i think...

in the wireless settings screen you can click menu and advanced, make sure you have no settings from prior to Froyo. Also clear cache and try again. i would also restore your router to default and try again. Are you able to login to your router with any other device? Id non works i would try and clear cache and data, reinstall your Rom and skip the google sign up, try to login then. Sometimes Google keeps wireless login info and syncs it back to the phone when you sign in.