Observations and Questions

Oaklands

Reaction score
The pentile screen has been totally acceptable to me until I decided to discharge my Razr last night all the way. While watching tv, I decided to drain my battery to 0 and let it recharge fully. To do this, I loaded playon and started playing a movie from my PC downstairs. Man, it brought up 3 issues I had not seen with regular use:

1. Pentile showed it's ugly head. I had never noticed it before, but when playing back a movie, the jaggedness really showed up. I could see it around peoples faces, objects in the movie and elsewhere. I could watch a movie, but it would be deterrent for me.
  2. The black marks behind the screen started showing up in dark scenes. I had never noticed them before. They were not numerous but observable. Not bad enough to make a big fuss
  3. Light lines rolling down the screen. Every few seconds, the screen would have a wave of lighter color roll down, starting about 1/4 way down the screen and would roll down to about 1/2 way down the screen. This was more annoying than the pentile. This has to do with the rewrite of the screen.
I guess I am asking if others have noticed these things when playing a movie?

My next question is about battery extenders. What ones are you using and how do you like them? I am around power of some sort all the time, whether in my vehicle or at a customer site, but could have the need on occasion.

64billy64

Reaction score
I watch Netflix everything looks fine,YouTube looks great to,the NFL app when I watched live games looked like you say jagged or pixilated not clear like the others , but the NFL live station and videos were fine just the live games weren't sharp

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
O

Oaklands

Reaction score
I tried it today using splashtop. The screen had no rolling and the pentile was barely noticeable. It looks like playon was the culprit.