Good Band Thread

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
This is not at all obscure but on the 57th anniversary of "the day the music died" this is a must. This song is a tribute to music and musicians. I worshiped this song, never ever tired of hearing it despite that I probably heard it over 20 times a day in its time. I know it's every lyric. And I still love this song as much today as I did the first time I heard it. It was a double sided 45 on the juke box, so it cost 20¢ to play instead of the typical 10, but we all played it till it couldn't play no more (it literally had to be replaced in our school cafeteria jukebox). RIP Buddy Holly, Rickie Valens and The Big Bopper.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not posting a video today, because most of the songs are 8+ minutes long. They are not obscure today, but in 1986 they were. Today marks the 30th anniversary of the release of Master Of Puppets. If you are / were a fan of Metallica dig out the Master CD and crank it up. Even if you don't like them, it's undeniable that album changed rock music forever. hard to believe it's been 30 years...I remember hearing it for the first time like it was yesterday (yes I am getting old...I was in high school). :cool:

"sleep my friend and you will see...dream becomes my reality"

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Blinded by fear, you can't see a thing!!!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm not posting a video today, because most of the songs are 8+ minutes long. They are not obscure today, but in 1986 they were. Today marks the 30th anniversary of the release of Master Of Puppets. If you are / were a fan of Metallica dig out the Master CD and crank it up. Even if you don't like them, it's undeniable that album changed rock music forever. hard to believe it's been 30 years...I remember hearing it for the first time like it was yesterday (yes I am getting old...I was in high school). :cool:

"sleep my friend and you will see...dream becomes my reality"
I just wish they were still as good as they used to be. Don't get me wrong, I'm a metal guy & I can appreciate them, but Lars is so overrated & full of himself. And, let's face it, they haven't really released an album as good as their old stuff in years.

I'll listen to some Matter of Puppets today though, for sure. In my truck. That's not really a good choice for the office.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I saw WASP, Metallica and Armored Saint for $20 at a music venue in Cleveland about the size of a movie theater. I barely knew them...I went to see Saint. Lol

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just wish they were still as good as they used to be. Don't get me wrong, I'm a metal guy & I can appreciate them, but Lars is so overrated & full of himself. And, let's face it, they haven't really released an album as good as their old stuff in years.

I'll listen to some Matter of Puppets today though, for sure. In my truck. That's not really a good choice for the office.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
True, some of the newer stuff is not as good. I thought Death Magnetic was pretty awesome though, for a group of guys as old as they are.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Why not start your Monday morning with some Leo. Enjoy! :D

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Thanks Sajo. I was in a good mood already today.

I actually went through this entire thread again this morning making sure I didn't miss any. lol
And I did miss one or two. :thumbsup:

Not only is this a great thread, it's had a little economic impact. I've bought a few of the tracks and a 5 Finger DP album. :D
They still call them albums, right??!??

My contribution for today. I heard the Song "Trees" in a Pandora mix and investigated this band a bit more. I found the self titled album and damn near every track on it is good. It's been in my regular rotation for a long time now. I found out MUCH later that Marty was on that INXS show to find a new singer and he was one of the last 2 finalists.

Without further adieu, Marty Casey and the Loverhammers with one of my favorites: Casualty.

"ONE MAN CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!"

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I still call them albums. I guess that's showing our age? This is a cool thread.

Reactions: cr6
OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
And for the remake of the day, I'll go with this one which came up in the random mix on my phone during the commute today:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Ozzy singing "Shock The Monkey"....way too cool! Thanks Pere! I am downloading that from Play Music and adding to my cool covers playlist. :D