Obama signs E-Label Act, allows manufacturers to remove rear logos

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The government wouldn't get involved if there were no complaints. Why complain about a carrier logo if your not complaining about the logo on your car?
The consumers wallet should be the legislator here not the government but to elaborate on that would take this thread WAY off topic and deep into things against forum rules to discuss other than the off topic forum so I won't be upset if told to delete this post .

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Had the logo on my car removed before I drove it off of the lot. Does this mean I get to write my congressman now?

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Had the logo on my car removed before I drove it off of the lot. Does this mean I get to write my congressman now?
I tried to have to logo removed off my truck. They gave me so much hassle about it. I was like "I bought mine here. My boss bought his here. I tell everyone when they ask. Remove the dealer logo please." They were like "For $125 we can remove it. It takes time."

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tried to have to logo removed off my truck. They gave me so much hassle about it. I was like "I bought mine here. My boss bought his here. I tell everyone when they ask. Remove the dealer logo please." They were like "For $125 we can remove it. It takes time."
Soap and a soft bristle toothbrush scrubbing for maybe 5 mins is $125?

Did you tell him to go.... "Nevermind family friendly".

I have an issue will dealers in general when it comes to maintenance but that is for another thread.

Sent from my Nexus 6

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Them fools at AT&T are SINNERS!

The path of the righteous PHONE is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil CARRIERS. Blessed is he, who in the name of NEXUS DEVICES and a pure AOSP experience, shepherds the weak through the valley of bad phones and two year contracts, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of mad consumers. And I will strike down upon thee with great innovation and furiously cool devices those who would attempt to poison and destroy my consumers. And you will know my name is ANDROID when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

If you didn't read that with Samuel L. Jackson's voice, you are doing it wrong!
That statement should be in bold in the nexus forum. We shall call it the nexus creed.

Sent from my Nexus 6

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
You have my permission to use it on the Nexus Forums if you would like.

Your comment about putting a carrier logo on the phone was tumbling in my head while I was searching for movies to watch. I scrolled past Pulp Fiction and that tumbling comment righted itself.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
blue-motorola-droid-turbo-3.jpeg

Regulatory symbols on devices can be removed, shown in software instead
The backs of smartphones will become slightly better looking, after a bill concerning the labeling of electronic devices has been signed into law by President Obama. The E-Label Act, created by Sen. Deb Fischer (R-Neb.), will allow manufacturers to leave off a large amount of the logos and other regulatory iconography from the device itself.

Instead of appearing on the back, the logos can be made available to view within software, reports The Hill, be it as an option within the device's menus, or when a device boots up.

While the E-Label Act will make the rear casing of smartphones and tablets cleaner than before, some remnants will continue to exist on devices. Aside from manufacturer and carrier branding, the CE logo will continue to appear, as it is a mark mandated by the European Union.

I think the bill is reffering to the model I'd , FCC id #, were assembled.
Not the company logo. That is put there by choice to advertise.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
That is correct. It is all regulatory FCC mandated printing on the phone.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
They don't have any other more pressing issues to make into laws except this? Talk about a waste of tax payers money.