Obama Care!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by jmanches, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmanches

jmanches Member

Just for curiosity sake.... For those of you that have had changes due to it. Has it helped you, hurt you, or had no affect on you?

As of right now, mine hasn't changed.

PS I'm not trying to start a politically war here lol
  2. capt. dan

capt. dan New Member

Not good at all. Rates have increased and coverage has gone down. Out of pocket has sky rocketed. I had a motorcycle accident this summer and will be paying on it for a while. Totally different than when my wife and kids were hit by an uninsured driver a couple of years ago. My wife and son were in the hospital for over a week and multiple surgeries for broken bones and it was cheaper than my accident with outpatient surgery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  3. capt. dan

capt. dan New Member

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  4. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

It's going to be taking an extra $140 a month out of our income . More if anyone actually needs to go to the doctor or hospital. Premiums went up, deductibles went up, coverage went down.
    This is a VERY fragile area of discussion so at the first hint of political rhetoric or personal attack toward anyone, including our elected officials, it WILL be locked.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Beast Mode (Notetoo)
    2 people like this.
  5. SFGate

SFGate New Member

My coverage went to another carrier just prior to implementation (already enrolled with a government plan). Customer Service is now dismal, and of course, the premiums increased. This could have happened with or without Obamacare, but it is nice to think there is something to blame it on.
  6. jmanches

jmanches Member

There seem to be very few positive stories
  7. huskur

huskur Well-Known Member

The positive stories will come from those who have no health care currently/no job/no desire for one and are living happily with government/state assistance check coming in.....

Don't think you will find those kind of people posting here on this forum.

As far as for me...my premiums went up and coverage down. Just like most will post here.

Obamacare= the more $$$ you make. The more you pay. If you make $10K yearly you have a $50 premium monthly and if you make $100K yearly you have a $500 monthly premium and you both get the same coverage. Fair? Not really. I have worked with my company for over 20 years (I am 41) and worked hard to get to where I am (general manager). Now the gypsies that have had 40 jobs in the same amount of time working in fast food get the same thing I do. Sad

The numbers I provided are not reality....I just used them to help others understand how it works.
    1 person likes this.
  8. huskur

huskur Well-Known Member

Please anyone....don't take my last post to heart. There are people that have no jobs right now and I feel for them.....you know the people I am talking about when I said "No desire" to work.
  9. CTownDroid

CTownDroid Member

Use to pay $800 a month and 20% up to $2000.00 and prescriptions covered. Now pay $700 a month and am responsible for first $5000.00 and no prescription coverage.

So basically use to pay a max of $11600.00 a year w good coverage.
    Now pay a max of $13,500 with less covered. Time to shop again. (3 years ago paid only $500.00 a month w $20.00 office, $50.00 urgent care and $100.00 ER copay/deductible and prescription coverage)
  10. huskur

huskur Well-Known Member

This is called "consumer driven health care"
  11. jmanches

jmanches Member

Haha Huskur.... you said what I was thinking and I completely agree. I'm still surprised my federal blue Cross hasn't changed
  12. leeshor

leeshor DF Super Moderator Staff Member

People will not fully realize the sticker shock intill they need to fork over 5K or more in deductibles then find out the non covered meds are the ones they take.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.