NY Times article

BodyBagz

Reaction score
No one else know how to "un-break" a link?....lol

Fixed the link, OP muddled the link when it was posted..---> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/02/t.../02smart.html?scp=2&sq=android apps&st=Search

As far as what I think of the article....its all just opinion. Out of all the authors Top 10, I only use 1(Google Sky), and only have it and 1 other(Quick Office, came stock on the phone) listed installed on my DX. I have, IMO, a better Top 10

1) AppBrain
2) Awesome Drop
3) Dolphin Browser HD
4) Astro
5) Angry Birds
6) Taptatalk
7) Documents To Go
8) Handcent SMS
9) Ringdroid
10) Beautiful Weather

donballz

Reaction score
Yes, even though Google is the master of search, its Android Market’s search feature is less effective than Apple’s. The Market also has no answer for the App Store’s “Staff Favorites,” “Essentials” or “New and Noteworthy” selections, which pull good apps to the front of the catalog.

I have never not found an app to do the job I was trying. Have you? Also, We may not have those exact categories but our apps are stratified by category and each one has a Top Free and Top Paid. And there is a New Apps section so that is wrong.

His actual list is ok but BodyBagz's is better. Although any list without Dropbox is suspect.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Yes, even though Google is the master of search, its Android Market’s search feature is less effective than Apple’s. The Market also has no answer for the App Store’s “Staff Favorites,” “Essentials” or “New and Noteworthy” selections, which pull good apps to the front of the catalog.
I have never not found an app to do the job I was trying. Have you? Also, We may not have those exact categories but our apps are stratified by category and each one has a Top Free and Top Paid. And there is a New Apps section so that is wrong.

His actual list is ok but BodyBagz's is better. Although any list without Dropbox is suspect.

Thanks...as far as DropBox, I have it, but Awesome Drop is faster for me...but its really personal preference again...