NVIDIA Follow-Up Story: Launching GRID Gaming Service in May

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Mar 4, 2015.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

Last night our "always on the ball" Staff Writer/Admin @pc747 posted the hot news regarding the NVIDIA Shield Android 4K TV Gaming Console. In the same thread, our other "digital sniper," @DroidModderX followed up by sharing that NVIDA was also going to be launching their GRID streaming gaming service at the same time in May. We thought this was big enough news to warrant its own follow up story. Here are the details on GRID:
    • NVIDIA calls it the “Netflix of games” and the platform will launch with more than 50 games in its catalogue.
    • A decent internet connection will be required so NVIDIA is targeting 150ms pings between users and servers.
    • Already has some huge existing/upcoming A-List titles attached including: Batman: Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and Resident Evil: Revelations 2.
    • GRID will have two different subscription options, a basic package and a “premium” tier.
    Pricing has not been shared yet for either tier of subscription service. There are a ton more games than just the ones listed above, so to check those out, head over to the GRID website here: GRID Games SHIELD

• Like Like x 2
  2. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +6,240
    Nvidia clearly has my attention now let's see if they can get my money. I will admit I am reaching for my wallet but that don't mean I will pull out my card as I am just as capable of walking out the door without buying a thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    I too am very intrigued. At this price point, it seems very tempting... :cool: (obviously referring to the $200 Shield Console.)

I think the GRID is a great idea too, but I will reserve judgment for more pricing details.

4. Talon8Ya

Talon8Ya Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 8
    Twitter:
    TalonTech1
    My shield Tablet is great if they pull this off I will truly be hooked on Nvidia again.