NVIDIA Follow-Up Story: Launching GRID Gaming Service in May

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
NVIDIA-Grid.jpg

Last night our "always on the ball" Staff Writer/Admin @pc747 posted the hot news regarding the NVIDIA Shield Android 4K TV Gaming Console. In the same thread, our other "digital sniper," @DroidModderX followed up by sharing that NVIDA was also going to be launching their GRID streaming gaming service at the same time in May. We thought this was big enough news to warrant its own follow up story. Here are the details on GRID:
  • NVIDIA calls it the “Netflix of games” and the platform will launch with more than 50 games in its catalogue.
  • A decent internet connection will be required so NVIDIA is targeting 150ms pings between users and servers.
  • Already has some huge existing/upcoming A-List titles attached including: Batman: Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and Resident Evil: Revelations 2.
  • GRID will have two different subscription options, a basic package and a “premium” tier.
Pricing has not been shared yet for either tier of subscription service. There are a ton more games than just the ones listed above, so to check those out, head over to the GRID website here: GRID Games SHIELD

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nvidia clearly has my attention now let's see if they can get my money. I will admit I am reaching for my wallet but that don't mean I will pull out my card as I am just as capable of walking out the door without buying a thing.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I too am very intrigued. At this price point, it seems very tempting... :cool: (obviously referring to the $200 Shield Console.)

I think the GRID is a great idea too, but I will reserve judgment for more pricing details.