1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Numbering of Bootanimation.zip Images

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by SupAll, May 22, 2010.

1. SupAll

SupAll New Member

Does the numbering of the Bootanimation.zip images have to be literal? As in, instead of having it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, can it just be 1, 3, 5, 7, or 2, 4, 6, or even 1, 4, 5, 8, 10, 13, 17? I ask because I mashed together 3 bootanimations and because of their separate intended rate of image change, some animations will take too long or the other animations will go by too quickly. So what I want to do is delete images to speed up the process of one part without going through and renumbering all of the files again. Is this possible?
  2. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Does not have to be numerically sequential... it'll just play the next highest number, whatever that may be... seemed to be the case for me when I deleted a couple images inbetween and didn't feel like renumbering them exactly.
  3. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Its best to add one digit more than the total number of pictures.
    I.E. if you have 75 pictures in the first folder, start out with 001.png. 002.png..etc.
    Like mentioned in the previous post, the phone will just go to the next sequenced number so it is okay if you have 001.png. 002.png 007.png 015.png etc.
    But what I have noticed in my set-up is that if you dont have that extra digit in there, it will throw off the animation. Meaning it might start off at 1.png then go to 10.png then back to 2.png, then once it reachs 9.png it will go to 11.png and so on down the rest of the sequence.

If your animation has two folders, you can just start off with 001.png again in the 2nd folder. You don't have to follow the sequence from the first folder.
  4. SupAll

SupAll New Member

Thanks for the info. I figured it was best to number with a preceding placement of 0's. I'll go see how much more I can tweak the boot animation. :)
  5. MrC1122

MrC1122 New Member

i'm new at this bootanimation thing. i've got the sequencing, but is it possible to get sound to play during the animation? or is it only available after the animation when the phone actually starts loading the system? if it is possible during...could someone please point me in the right direction.

thanx
Search tags for this page

ihdp56kc2

s4 bootanimations.zip